Ratings for Dr. Hiten P. Soni

Dr. Soni has been my psychiatrist for a little over a year now. You can tell that he truly wants to help people and he cares about his patients. I live in Kansas City and started seeing him at the Legends office he used to have, but when they closed that location I started driving to Lawrence for my appointments because it is worth the drive for a good psychiatrist. His appointments run on schedule the majority of the time, so I don't have any complaints on that. Sometimes the office staff scheduling of appointments gets off, so if you don't get a confirmation call the day before then you should call them to confirm before you head out. Your vitals and weight are taken before each appointment, something that most psychiatrists don't do, but those things are just as important for mental health as they are for physical. He does have a staff member in during your appointment to take notes for your chart so that he can completely focus on you but if you are not comfortable with that he will listen to you. He seems to have very good knowledge and is aware of the current and new advances in the medical field. They have a TMS machine which stands for Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation. This is basically a treatment that has much less side effects than ECT, doesn't hurt, and it is done right in the office without anesthesia. I did this treatment, didn't experience any side effects, and it helped some with my depression. His office is in a small office building at 9th & Mass. and is handicap accessible with an elevator and stairs to get to the 2nd floor where his office is. He's much more technically advanced than my former doctor, where he still hand writes his scripts, Dr. Soni sends them electronically to your pharmacy, and has a big screen tv in the room so you can see what is being entered into your chart. He is not the typical doctor who wants to just shove medication at you to get you out the door. Although he does prescribe meds if you need them, he has a strong focus on living a healthy lifestyle as well. Be prepared to learn good sleeping habits because that is something he is concerned about. He is an advocate for the LGBTQ community as well as alternative lifestyles. Some things that I was hesitant to tell my conservative therapist were very easy to talk to him about. He does not judge and he's easy to talk to. I used to be hospitalized on average once a month for my mental health, and right now it has been 6 months since my last admission. He has helped motivate me to want to get better and to do my part in helping myself get better. I very highly recommend Dr. Soni.

flag | Submitted August 6, 2016

There is something not quite right going on here.

flag | Submitted May 16, 2015

Dr. Soni was very helpful and listend to me and my problems.

flag | Submitted September 18, 2014