Ratings for Dr. Mark D. Van Poppel

Dr. VanPoppel has operated in my daughter twice, once when she was 18 hours old and and again when she was 13 days old ( two separate surgeries ). We have seen him and/or his PA in the office several times as well. I can not speak highly enough of this doctor and his staff. I trust his knowledge in his field completly, and was so appreciative for his bedside manner and matter of fact information regarding everything. He was totally understanding of my fears and made me feel like she was in the best hands possible. I really believe she was, and still is being followed by him. I strongly recommend this doctor and am very thankful for him.

flag | Submitted September 14, 2017

Dr Van Poppel did not follow my instructions and conducted a far more evasive brain biopsy procedure than I agreed to which made me a hemiplegic on left side. His over confidence directly changed my quality of life in the worst possible way. Do research on your doctor and get them to sign paperwork that limits what they can do. What you sign clears them of any liability. Dr. Van Poppel has not even shown any remorse or apologized for his actions. When asked for follow care and support Dr. Van Poppel and his insurance company claimed no responsibility for a procedure that altered my life. I walked in the hospital but will never walk again.

flag | Submitted February 11, 2017