Ratings for Dr. David K. Close

I started with Chattanooga Family Practice in 1977 and was on of their 1st patients. Over the years I have seen several of the doctors. Dr Close is the one I have been seeing fir the last several years. He is a little hard to get to know and can be irritating at times with the way he does things but he is a pretty good general physician. He will at least listen to what you have to say. He may not always agree with you but he went to medical school and I haven't. I will be staying with him for now.

flag | Submitted September 28, 2015

have seen this doctor over 15 years and have never asked for pain meds. or time off from work.I have been very sick for 3 months and off work for 2 months and I am having to go to many specialists to get tests that Dr. Close should have ran and it is like pulling teeth to get Dr. close to write me off on my short term disability.Will be finding another Dr.You should too!!!

flag | Submitted February 7, 2012

I did not like this doctor at all, I came in for back pain, and he seemed to ignore the fact that i was in pain! He told me he believed in eastern meds like herbs. He was chewing on a chili pepper and told me it was the greatest thing to keep your mind off things!? If I wanted that advice i wouldn't of paid $100 bucks for a Dr. visit. I told him repeatedly that I have back pain so bad that it keeps me bedridden and my mother will give me 1 to 2 hydro 7.5's when my back flairs up like that, and he referred back to the pepper again. He also did nothing for my back problems at all! I could of gotten this treatment right at home rather than his office. Beware of this doctor! I also waited a hour before I got to see him, which was the fastest time I have ever gotten in to see him! I have waited 2 hours before in his office!

flag | Submitted August 24, 2011

Great Dr.

flag | Submitted December 4, 2008

Dr. David K. Close's Credentials

• University Of Alabama School Of Medicine (Grad. 1986)