Ratings for Dr. Richard J. Bowers

Dr. Bowers delivered all four of my children. He also did my hysterectomy. I am 45 started seeing him at 19. I can promise and assure that he truly is the best. With my first child.. Both of us would have died without his wisdom and quickness. Second child went wonderful. Third and fourth are twins....went great. My daughter's will soon be old enough to go and I would have them to go NO WHERE ELSE.

flag | Submitted October 15, 2015

Dr. Bowers was amazing! He even came in when he wasn't on call and stayed til after 2 am to do my csection. Couldn't ask for a more caring doctor!

flag | Submitted April 22, 2015

I love Dr bowers he is amazing and very nice he didn't stop until he resolved the issue to get our beautiful baby boy here safe

flag | Submitted October 31, 2013

Dr. Bowers is a kind & woonderful doctor. He not only saved my life but my daughter.... Thank you Dr. Bowers

flag | Submitted July 11, 2012

Let me start off with the time of the appointement today,@ 9:45a.m. this morning, I arrive, give my information, get back to the room with the list of issues I had been having recently, and was utterly shocked at what insued. The breast exam,was short,didn't even make me lift my arms, weird but ok. Told him I had a cold when he quickly checked my Thyroid, he didn't seem to care. Now to the vaginal exam, didn't bother to tell what and when he was doing it, I advised him of a rash on my bikini are that was itchy, he didn't really take a good look at that, he finished w/o doing a rectal exam sat down and asked if there was anything else,to which I replied, I have a list, hot flashes, he changes my b/c...rash, he tells me to put handsanitizer on my bikini area, ok?, leaky nipples, he completely ignores this, urgency to pee alot(big problem),he is already walking to the door and hand on handle,low-grade bladder infection,gives script, THEY DID NOT TEST ME FOR THIS! VERY DISSAPPOINTED

flag | Submitted September 18, 2009

I went for a diaphragm fitting and a pap smear. This was my first visit and he started off 2 hours late. The nurse pressured me to change my mind about getting a diaphragm and made several rude assumptions about my situation. I was nearly in tears by the time he showed up in the room. The nurse brought 3-4 different types of diaphragms for him to fit me with, but, in a rush, he measured, stuck one up there, asked if I could feel it then yanked it out. I experienced slight bleeding later on which he hadn't warned me of. I later discovered he knew nothing of the brand he prescribed for me as it was no longer produced. Instead of prescribing a newer brand in the same size (as I requested), he went a size up in the old brand. I experienced severe pain during the first use. Now his office is trying to charge me for a pregnancy test I specifically requested they not perform b/c it was unnecessary (the nurse specifically agreed to not perform the test).

flag | Submitted December 28, 2008

The staff is very rude, like in more doctors offices. When you call to ask questions they usually answer one, then hang up on you. I've had to stand at their little window for at least 15 mintues waiting on someone to help me. Dr. Bowers himself made me very uncomfotable each and every time I saw him. They did a biopsy in a room filled files! My mother and I couldn't believe it. I had a procedure that was suppose to have a minimal to no bleeding affect, by the time I got home I had ruioned my pants... I called concerned and they told me I had nothing to worry about. I kept bleeding and bleeding the 5 hours later after a dozen phone calls he decides to let me come back to the office for the problem to be fixed. It was quite ridiculous! I'm switching doctors ASAP!

flag | Submitted September 3, 2008

Dr. Richard J. Bowers's Credentials

• Kansas City College Of Medicine And Surgery (Grad. 1973)