Ratings for Stephanie C. Mulcahy

...I expected the appointment to cover managing my condition/symptoms to the best possible result & discussing what specific preventative measures I can take to avoid further problems. I expected that we would discuss & arrive at an action plan for me to achieve that. This did not happened; there was no discussion of a plan to manage/improve/minimize my condition/symptoms. It was not even clear what the practitioner thought my condition is. I was given a handout with a list of foods including a sample label that the practioner hurriedly pointed out to me as well as several areas on the pages. The practitioner also did not seem to listen or be interested in specific symptoms of concern I relayed to her. The practitioner's demeanor was cold & she made no effort to put the patient at ease. I had waited 15 minutes or so in the exam room before she arrived, so she may have had a very trying & busy day before she saw me that could explain her lapse in establishing a rapport with the patient & simply not having time during the visit to come up with any ideas or a plan to keep my condition in check & to teach me what I can do to prevent my condition from becoming worse.

flag | Submitted September 11, 2015