Ratings for Dr. Deborah T. Zarek

More friendly staff since move to new office. Have been going to this doctor for many years but now as I have more issues due to age the working relationship as a patient has minimized to scolding, quick medications for symptoms that have not helped, and actual forgetfulness with what was prescribed previous visits. My blood pressure elevates at each visit due to anticipated stress in seeing this doctor, "white coat". This does not happen at other doctors (specialists). Asks patient, "what do you want to do?" This does not make a patient feel confident in doctor's knowledge and medical care. Statement, "if you do not take this medication, you will just be back here complaining about your pain again." As a patient I think it is important to find out and know first what is causing the pain. Recently very frustrated and disappointed in doctor's knowledge and care relationship.

flag | Submitted October 4, 2014

hostile, stubborn, doesn't listen, her actions contradict her words; no empathy (think Marie Antoinette); exorbitant doses of SSRI's are inappropriate, brutal, and harmful; I wish she had voiced her objection to treating me during the many years when I was healthy because she creates obstacles to my recovery now that I've become ill on her watch. I'm appalled by her malicious conduct, that she denies me help the only time that I've asked for it, and that she blames the patient when a pill is ineffective. I'd be well by now if I'd gone to any other doctor but her for treatment.

flag | Submitted June 6, 2014

Left the appointment feeling misunderstood and not taken seriously.

flag | Submitted February 20, 2013

Dr. Zarek, Dr. Donahoe, and their whole team are wonderful. Thank you!

flag | Submitted November 29, 2012

A great physician! You can tell she is truly concerned with her patients and informed. She often spends a significant amount of time explaining courses of action and treatment options. She responds to concerns online. I feel extremely comfortable in her care!

flag | Submitted August 28, 2011

She's super awesome! Knows you personally, and caters your treatment to your medical history.

flag | Submitted June 22, 2011

I feel comfortable under the care of Dr. Zarek. She keeps up to date on latest research findings, is easy to reach and keeps tests up to date.

flag | Submitted April 18, 2011

Too bad that 1 staffer is rude on a continual basis. It's the reason I am leaving. I have no intentions of taking time off work to go to her office to get the reults of blood work. I've noticed that every visit prompts a follow up visit.

flag | Submitted August 29, 2008

Excellent. I think the only reason this doctor did not receive a 5 in helpfulness is probably due to my own inability to express my opinions on what it is I would like to do in regard to my treatment.

flag | Submitted December 14, 2006

First visit, outstanding experience. She listened, evaluated and is extremely knowledgeable. Made one feel at ease.

flag | Submitted September 20, 2006

Dr. Deborah T. Zarek's Credentials

• George Washington Univ Sch Of Med & Hlth Sci, Washington Dc 20037 (Grad. 2000)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Wilmington, DE