Ratings for Dr. Patrice Langlois

Be ready to wait 2 to 3 hours for your appointment. For a chronic pain Dr he sucks makes you wait in cheap chairs a normal person wouldn't be able to wait 2 hours in. I started working so he cut my madication back so I wouldn't be able to work. . I though that was the goal to return to work . Always rushed you through didn't like to ever change the prescription he had save on the computer just wanted to press print. He was one of the most erigant Dr I have ever met he would laugh at your pain . Am are sure to comment on his proud porchee owner trophy on his desk you might help . It all seemed to be about money at least 10 people waiting people out into the hall waiting . He might help more if you can speak French to him .if you are refered to this Dr try to get it changed . I have been at a new Dr for the last 2 years and I am feeling good with her help working 60 hours a week. Work is so great for you if you can get well enough to get there .

flag | Submitted March 3, 2017

Well my waiting period for seeing Dr Langlois was dated back in 2012. (Could be that the doctor who was supposed to send in the request never did.??) . So my doctor sent a few and I finally got to see hin in 2016 .. I have no regret what' so ever.. In a few comment people say the staff is not all that friendly, but I manage to get a smile from them everytime I go.. Of course the is a waiting period when you go, he has a lot of patients I've been there 5 times so far and will continue going as I have faith the treatments will work eventually.. He is not a miracle worker and dont' be thinking that your pain will go away in ONE day..I'm getting better slowly but surely.. He is in fact a excellent doctor and a very nice man. If you, like me, don't always understand the medical term/language. he will talk to you so you do understand.. Very direct... Thank you Dr Langlois..

flag | Submitted February 23, 2017

I am looking forward to my next visit :-) I know he will help me and i know i will be less in pain..

flag | Submitted February 22, 2017

This doctor is the nicest man you will ever meet. He is an excellent doctor extremely skilled. He also really cares about his paitents. I only wish other doctors were this good!

flag | Submitted February 9, 2017

Patrice Langlois has the personality and manner of an amoeba -- if an amoeba had a Dr. God complex. Except for the initial visit, when he delivers his well-rehearsed and automatic monologue about pain, exercise, his expertise etc -- presented as if to simple-minded dolts incapable of understanding anything beyond monosyllabic words -- he engages in no conversation, does not ask or answer questions, and seems only to care about the next slab of humanity waiting to provide him with his next OHIP fee. He is not above gouging, as patients realize when they have to supply their own "anesthesia kit," a $20 tray purchased from the pharmacy downstairs to which patients are sent. He seems to find Ontario distasteful (there are anti-government signs on the waiting room walls and his new-patient information includes a diatribe against Ontario's treatment of doctors), but seems only too happy to practise on this side of the river, rather than Quebec, where doctors' fees aren't as rich. He may or may not know what he's doing. I haven't experienced any great improvement yet, but that may happen down the road. If it does, my opinion of Patrice Langlois will remain unchanged, except that I'll simply consider him a necessary evil.

flag | Submitted February 8, 2017

First visit was September 2016, I was diagnosed with secondary condition to fibromyalgia, degenerative disc disease, and told to increase exercise daily. Follow up in four months, went back today, and it was terrible. The energy in the clinic, is very negative. The staff look tired, overworked, ran off their feet, with piles of files in front of them. The waiting area smells like stale cigarette smoke, with a few patients moaning, groaning, grunting etc. both visits the waiting area is packed. Most people are about 50-65 in age. I must be one of the youngest at 41. When I explained about the lack of exercise due to winter and afraid of falling , Dr. Langlois, went back to what he originally said "Simple, Accessible, Daily/Frequent, Not painful, and Progressive". He doesn't ask much, does he? I was told see him in six months, and work on the exercise once again. I don't like the long waits, and ultimately he prescribed a muscle relaxant once every 6 hours. I don't know if I will go back at this point. Not a good vibe across the board.

flag | Submitted January 9, 2017

I have seen Dr Langlois about 2 years now. And let me tell you, if it weren't for him, I would barely walk. I am very very happy that I have Dr Langois as my specialist. I have degenerated arthrosis and a used disc. I waited 8 months before the first appointment, but it is worthed the wait. I could not stand no more pain which it is cervical too. Thank You so much Dr. Langlois to ease my pain. You are a God send to me.

flag | Submitted December 19, 2016

He helped me a lot, thank you Dr Langlois for everything

flag | Submitted December 12, 2016

I have been seeing Dr Langlois for over 4 years now. He is very passionate about his work and helping his patients as much as he can. He will try new methods to see if they could improve the way of life if his patients. He had diffinent ways of going about telling people some news and he is very straight to the point. He is not a Dr that likes it when his patients waste his time with stupid questions asked repeatedly over and over after he has already answered the question so he may be a little short but never rude or disrespectful. One of the other things that I very much enjoy with him is hat he doesn't beat around the bush he goes straight to the point and tells you how it is whether you want to hear it or not . He is always there has never once called in sick or cancelled a appointment. And he knows what he is doing the injections that he gives me are done within seconds very limited amount of suffering.

flag | Submitted December 3, 2016

I was referred to Dr. Langlois to receive an epidural injection. I was in a car accident and had two bulging discs and a lot of swelling. I was supposed to be getting a nerve block but once I saw the doctor, he told me they don't perform that procedure. He said I should get this "different" type of epidural and gave it a 60% chance of helping my problem.... He also insisted that surgery would not fix this and that I had a better chance with this epidural. I got two epidurals from him, the second one being excruciatingly painful to the point I was crying out. The next day I had an appointment with a surgeon who told me the epidurals were cash grab and they weren't going to fix my problem. I had surgery a week later.... Dr. Langlois' bedside manor is non-existent. He jabs the catheter in you - one left a bruise the size of my entire hand for a week and a half (and no I don't bruise easily). I can only describe the clinic as "sketchy" and not up to a golden standard. It's bare-minimum care. Wait the extra time to see a legitimate doctor in a hospital pain clinic.

flag | Submitted November 8, 2016