Ratings for Dr. Patrice Langlois

First visit was September 2016, I was diagnosed with secondary condition to fibromyalgia, degenerative disc disease, and told to increase exercise daily. Follow up in four months, went back today, and it was terrible. The energy in the clinic, is very negative. The staff look tired, overworked, ran off their feet, with piles of files in front of them. The waiting area smells like stale cigarette smoke, with a few patients moaning, groaning, grunting etc. both visits the waiting area is packed. Most people are about 50-65 in age. I must be one of the youngest at 41. When I explained about the lack of exercise due to winter and afraid of falling , Dr. Langlois, went back to what he originally said "Simple, Accessible, Daily/Frequent, Not painful, and Progressive". He doesn't ask much, does he? I was told see him in six months, and work on the exercise once again. I don't like the long waits, and ultimately he prescribed a muscle relaxant once every 6 hours. I don't know if I will go back at this point. Not a good vibe across the board.

flag | Submitted January 9, 2017

I have seen Dr Langlois about 2 years now. And let me tell you, if it weren't for him, I would barely walk. I am very very happy that I have Dr Langois as my specialist. I have degenerated arthrosis and a used disc. I waited 8 months before the first appointment, but it is worthed the wait. I could not stand no more pain which it is cervical too. Thank You so much Dr. Langlois to ease my pain. You are a God send to me.

flag | Submitted December 19, 2016

He helped me a lot, thank you Dr Langlois for everything

flag | Submitted December 12, 2016

I have been seeing Dr Langlois for over 4 years now. He is very passionate about his work and helping his patients as much as he can. He will try new methods to see if they could improve the way of life if his patients. He had diffinent ways of going about telling people some news and he is very straight to the point. He is not a Dr that likes it when his patients waste his time with stupid questions asked repeatedly over and over after he has already answered the question so he may be a little short but never rude or disrespectful. One of the other things that I very much enjoy with him is hat he doesn't beat around the bush he goes straight to the point and tells you how it is whether you want to hear it or not . He is always there has never once called in sick or cancelled a appointment. And he knows what he is doing the injections that he gives me are done within seconds very limited amount of suffering.

flag | Submitted December 3, 2016

I was referred to Dr. Langlois to receive an epidural injection. I was in a car accident and had two bulging discs and a lot of swelling. I was supposed to be getting a nerve block but once I saw the doctor, he told me they don't perform that procedure. He said I should get this "different" type of epidural and gave it a 60% chance of helping my problem.... He also insisted that surgery would not fix this and that I had a better chance with this epidural. I got two epidurals from him, the second one being excruciatingly painful to the point I was crying out. The next day I had an appointment with a surgeon who told me the epidurals were cash grab and they weren't going to fix my problem. I had surgery a week later.... Dr. Langlois' bedside manor is non-existent. He jabs the catheter in you - one left a bruise the size of my entire hand for a week and a half (and no I don't bruise easily). I can only describe the clinic as "sketchy" and not up to a golden standard. It's bare-minimum care. Wait the extra time to see a legitimate doctor in a hospital pain clinic.

flag | Submitted November 8, 2016

Before I saw Dr. Langlois I read the comments on this board and expected the worse. I had seen other pain specialists in Ottawa and have had injections under x-ray to try and relieve my problem. Those stopped working after a year or so. I've now see the good doctor several times over the past year and the pain is completely under control. I was going every 4 week to begin with, now I've moved it to 6 weeks. This is been the most I've been pain free in over 5 years. Yes, it'll take you about 8 months to get your first appointment, and yes when you get it, you'll be waiting about 2 hrs to see him during the first appointment but after that you can control your appointments a bit better. I don't usually wait more that 30 minutes now. I have never seen him once argue with his staff, and if he requires you to pee, that's because of the medication you are on, it's addictive so he needs to make sure you are ok. He volunteers his time visiting northern communities where they don't have access to someone with this much experience. He's never been anything but friendly with me since I started. Some people may thing he's a bit rough around the edges, but that could be because he's French. I have seen other so called pain specialists and all they said was, "not much we can do". Frankly if he was a complete A-hole I'd still go see him as he knows what he's doing and does it well.

flag | Submitted June 28, 2016

I have been suffering with ongoing pain for quite sometime my first dr was a nurse prationer which she did a couple of test then preceed to brush me off then i switched to another dr who has been amazing i got referred to pain clinic to see dr langlois and yes i find him very rude because he has a strong accent cause he is french i have a hard time understanding him he talk down to me like i was a child prescribed me meds that did nothing for my pain made me sick going to work vomiting only thing he is doing for me is i am going for spine MRI once i get my results thats the end seeing him he wants me to see him each month only can get medications from 1 dr which inturn tells me he is asking me to switch to him i don,t live in ottawa i work more then having days off and alot in gas for me

flag | Submitted June 22, 2016

I've been a patient of Dr. Langlois for the past 12 years. Until I met him, I was going from family doctor to family doctor, looking for someone--anyone, to help me. I was going to the ER on a weekly basis because I couldn't control my severe and chronic pain, but Dr. Langlois changed all that and now I'm able to lead a relatively normal life. I'm able to better control my pain because of Dr. Langlois care and knowledge of my rare condition. While it's true that when a patient has an appointment with Dr. Langlois there might be a considerable wait before being called in to see him, I find that even though there is a waiting room full of people, he takes the time to talk to me and review my situation. The reason there can be such a long wait isn't because Dr. Langlois is inefficient at running his practice, but because there are so few pain specialists in the city, and he rarely turns someone away if they need his help. Dr. Langlois is quite personable, as are his staff. I see Dr. Langlois on a monthly basis because I take strong medications, and he follows his patients closely, not because he's attempting to rip off OHIP, but because it's necessary given the medications he prescribes. I had been vomiting several times a day for many years, but last summer, Dr. Langlois prescribed me medical marijuana. Since then, I've vomited only twice. When it comes to this type of medication, Dr. Langlois is very knowledgeable, and he's passed this knowledge to me, his patient. I can't express my gratitude to him enough, for he changed my life for the better. Dr. Langlois speaks openly and frankly, which I appreciate. In these last 12 years, I've come to know Dr. Langlois as a doctor, and I appreciate greatly the time and effort he's put into my care. Dr. Langlois gave me my life back, and for that, I'll always be grateful.

flag | Submitted May 30, 2016

Dr Langlois has changed my life....for the better. I have complex issues, which he has had zero problems dealing with. He is humorous when appropriate and completely puts my mind at ease. I don't care about the long waits, because I know when it's my turn to see him, he will spend that extra time with me if needed. There are so few doctors of his specialty in the area so I am happy to wait if that means people who need his care are able to get in. I see complaints about having to pee in the cup and come in on a monthly basis....those are things mandated by the province. He has a duty to be seeing people on different types of meds at different intervals and yes, if he is prescribing us narcotics then he needs to know if any of us are abusing those drugs or any other one, esp because that could have serious consequences to our health and treatment. His nurse is also super fantastic and treats people very well. If some of you aren't happy with his care, then by all means, please stop seeing him so that people who are on the waiting list and would be extremely grateful to see him, can have that opportunity.

flag | Submitted February 27, 2016

He is the best you will ever get . I really like him .

flag | Submitted December 14, 2015