You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Patrice Langlois

Dr Langlois has changed my life....for the better. I have complex issues, which he has had zero problems dealing with. He is humorous when appropriate and completely puts my mind at ease. I don't care about the long waits, because I know when it's my turn to see him, he will spend that extra time with me if needed. There are so few doctors of his specialty in the area so I am happy to wait if that means people who need his care are able to get in. I see complaints about having to pee in the cup and come in on a monthly basis....those are things mandated by the province. He has a duty to be seeing people on different types of meds at different intervals and yes, if he is prescribing us narcotics then he needs to know if any of us are abusing those drugs or any other one, esp because that could have serious consequences to our health and treatment. His nurse is also super fantastic and treats people very well. If some of you aren't happy with his care, then by all means, please stop seeing him so that people who are on the waiting list and would be extremely grateful to see him, can have that opportunity.

flag | Submitted February 27, 2016

He is the best you will ever get . I really like him .

flag | Submitted December 14, 2015

la première fois que j,ai un médecin et que je ne suis pas nerveuse.Les autres c,est leurs approche peut-être.Moi je vais rester en contact avec lui.Merci d,être là quand j,ai besoin de vous.Là j,ai besoin de vous comment je fait pas d,autre médecins que vous Merci..

flag | Submitted September 11, 2015

Dr Langlois is very knowledgeable, about very specific things. I suspect patients with fairly straight-forward diagnoses benefit greatly from Dr Langlois' expertise. However, my experience with him has been that he is not equipped to handle complex cases. More specifically, there are not enough specialists in our area, so he is dealing with very challenging pressures. I believe he has significant difficulty finding the appropriate amount of time to thoroughly assess patients' symptoms, side-effects, progress at each visit, to review their med profile, etc. As well, he does not seem to have the supports required to manage multiple co-morbid interacting pain-triggering conditions. As a result of this, and our naive trust that he would be able to handle my partner's medical needs, there was a drug interaction that went undetected alongside a pain-triggering condition that went untreated due to a very strong focus on treating only the degenerative discs condition, and an emergency critical condition hospitalization resulted. All this to say - there are zero alternatives at this point in time, and correcting these types of outcomes likely requires a combination of "superstar" doctors (who tend to be attracted to other types of medicine as opposed to chronic pain management) and significant improvements in health care system funding and structure (i.e., best practice-style "case management"team-based treatments for chronic pain patients...

flag | Submitted August 26, 2015

I've had Dr. Langlois for 6/7 months and he has helped me tremendously , he also helped me threw my pregnancy. With the pain, I was for ever greatful I have a buldging disc in two places in my back and is very painful. All I kno is if it wernt for him I'd still be in extreme pain and dealing with my 3 children 1 child having autism and a new born would be almost impossible. But everyone has there opinion, and this is mine.

flag | Submitted August 18, 2015

Wow some people who write here are totally out of sink. Going to see Dr. Langlois isn't going to cure you, he is a pain management specialist not a surgeon. When he tells you that if you aren't happy to go see another pain specialist then he is right to tell you so and it is your right to do so. For those people that keep on seeing him then why do you complain. He is a no nonsense doctor and if you can't or don't want to ear the thruth then why do you keep on ging to him for help? the answer is that he does relieve you of some pain. I have being seeing him for 7 years as I have 3 herniated disc in my lower back which if I get operated on there is only 20% success rate. At least by seeing Dr. Langloiis I am being able to walk and not be in a wheelchair. So in conclusion, I never had any problems with the doctor, yes he is very straight forward and if you can't take it get the out of his office and go elsewhere.

flag | Submitted June 16, 2015

Dr. Patrice Langlois is a very rude and an unprofessional doctor. He often has loud arguments with his staff in front of the patients. He always prescribes medication that does not help me and changes his mind with other medications the following week as this has been ongoing since I've been a patient with him since 2011. He has a nurse that sits, sneezes and pretends to read a book while listening to patients problems. The waiting time is terrible and tries to prescribe medication that Workplace Safety and Insurance Board does not cover and does not take the time to understand your problem. His practice should be shut down as there as been numerous complaints with the Ontario College of Physicians,

flag | Submitted April 13, 2015

I am so unpleased with this md. Dont understand why we have to pee. Does he thinks we are all on dopes or what. Every month fpr 3 years. I CANNOT stand his girlfriend (nurse, wondeer if she is legal in Ontario) sneezing all the time. Waiting time is terrible and he doesnt have any other alternatives for you, except him. My wife is starting to have back problems....will go to another md and I have done so, a few months ago.

flag | Submitted February 8, 2015

WHY on insisting on seeing people who have trouble getting around EVERY SINGLE MONTH.. 12 times a year! I see HIM more often than I see good friends of mine. It use to be when I got a 3 month prescription from my old GP, it would last 5 months and so OHIP didn't get billed 5 times over, they got billed maybe 3-4 times a year, now its 12 times and that goes for EACH of his patients. You should ALL BE OUTRAGED BY THIS; its accomplishing nothing and OHIP is being unnecessarily charged for appointments that I do not need because seeing him does NOTHING FOR ME, I just get the meds that don't work and I leave - its a RACKET this is the DEFINITION OF A RACKET and he is a RACKETEER. I watched as a 70 year old women who weighed about 280 pounds (I'm guessing) got her urine test cup from the secretary at the desk, this women could BARELY get out of the office through the door, her purse falling open, tripping over her own walking cane.. BUT THANK GOD HE IS MAKING SURE THAT THAT SENIOR CITIZEN ISN'T USING ANY COCAINE/CRACK or METH! I'm glad that he is keeping vigilance over our out of control seniors who are exchanging their opiate pain medications for street drugs because that is just so out of hand, all of those people with the weak heart conditions who are hitting the pipe on the tax payers dime and flooding our streets with opiate drugs. And that is NOT the first or the only senior I've seen forced to give a urine sample either, so I'm glad to know that he's enforcing this rule across the board. Can someone please explain to me the PURPOSE of this exercise other than to persecute and humiliate people who are already suffering? I mean I've been with him for over a year now and of course I haven't ever tested positive for street drug use (never mind the fact that I wouldn't be stupid enough to use them the same week I had the test - I just DO NOT DO STREET DRUGS) but how is it useful or helpful to CONTINUE TO TEST PATIENTS when its OBVIOUS that they are not about to take up a crack/meth habit? WHO or HOW is this helping ANYONE at all? How is this fixing the problems on the streets with the drugs by putting the patients through this humiliation and persecution? This HAS to stop because if it doesn't stop HERE with THIS MAN, its going to become wide spread and soon EVERYONE WILL BE GETTING TESTED FOR ILLEGAL DRUGS BEFORE GETTING MEDICAL TREATMENT.. this is where it starts, its the only explanation for it because the reason "to stop the flow of drugs to the streets from legal prescriptions" doesn't make ANY SENSE; so there has to be a completely different reason for all of it and "persecuting opiate medication users to deter them from wanting to use them" seems like one of them and the other seems to be because they are getting ready to implement this across the board, WHICH IS WHAT HE PROUDLY TOLD ME WAS HIS GOAL, that OHIP was looking at HIS "PROGRAM" and thinking about instituting it across the board. He needs to be stopped. His practices need to be brought to light before everyone ends up in the same boat. You think other doctors aren't going to get the same idea this guy has and start INSISTING on drug testing their patients? You think they are not going to INSIST that the patient shows up every month if they need to or not? This is a slippery slope and its going to be abused like all slippery slopes eventually do. If I could RUN AWAY from this doctor I would, he's abusive and dangerous, but when I politely explained to him that his "program" wasn't really helping me get back healthy again he (while smiling like a psychopath) told me "Well, why not go find another pain specialist?!" .. this guy needs to be STOPPED. And I think I'm going to stop him.. who is with me?

flag | Submitted November 4, 2014

I have been seeing Dr Langlois for over a year now & he has helped me tremendously! He knows his stuff! I have rare conditions that can cause various reactions with meds. He has never given up on me & keeps trying to help me find the right answer. I trust him greatly! So much that I'm not supposed to have injections into my spinal cord but did it anyways because he felt there was a chance to make things better for me. He is passionate about helping people so those who think he's mean or whatever, it's simply that he cares! He gets frustrated too because he wants the best for each patient! Sometime we don't "click" with a dr but it doesn't mean they aren't great at what they do! He had another wonderful career & have it up to help others. We also have to remember we all react differently to meds or injections (which is meds!) I look forward to each appt with him because he cares about my health as much as I do :)

flag | Submitted September 15, 2014

Dr. Patrice Langlois's Credentials

Please call the Doctor's office to find out if your insurance plan is accepted.

Updates

• A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr Langlois has changed my life....for the better. I have complex issues, which he has had zero problems dealing with. He is humorous when appropriate and com..."

February 27, 2016
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "He is the best you will ever get . I really like him ."

December 14, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "la première fois que j,ai un médecin et que je ne suis pas nerveuse.Les autres c,est leurs approche peut-être.Moi je vais rester en contact avec lui.Merci d,êtr..."

September 11, 2015
  • A new 1.5-star rating has been posted. "Dr Langlois is very knowledgeable, about very specific things. I suspect patients with fairly straight-forward diagnoses benefit greatly from Dr Langlois' exper..."

August 26, 2015
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "I've had Dr. Langlois for 6/7 months and he has helped me tremendously , he also helped me threw my pregnancy. With the pain, I was for ever greatful I have a b..."

August 18, 2015
  • A new 4.2-star rating has been posted. "Wow some people who write here are totally out of sink. Going to see Dr. Langlois isn't going to cure you, he is a pain management specialist not a surgeon. W..."

June 16, 2015
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Patrice Langlois is a very rude and an unprofessional doctor. He often has loud arguments with his staff in front of the patients. He always prescribes me..."

April 13, 2015
  • A new 1.5-star rating has been posted. "I am so unpleased with this md. Dont understand why we have to pee. Does he thinks we are all on dopes or what. Every month fpr 3 years. I CANNOT stand his..."

February 8, 2015
  • A new 1.5-star rating has been posted. "WHY on insisting on seeing people who have trouble getting around EVERY SINGLE MONTH.. 12 times a year! I see HIM more often than I see good friends of mine. It..."

November 4, 2014
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "I have been seeing Dr Langlois for over a year now & he has helped me tremendously! He knows his stuff! I have rare conditions that can cause various reactions..."

September 15, 2014
  • A new 1.8-star rating has been posted. "Pardon my long comment, but this is going to be a long story that I urge EVERYBODY to read. My dad has been seeing Dr. Langlois for over a year now. Based on t..."

September 8, 2014
  • City changed from "Ottawa Ontario" to "Ottawa"

February 19, 2012