Ratings for Dr. Terrence S. Peppy

On Oct 21st of 2014 I went to Dr.Peppy's office as a new patient to find out why I was having persistent severe pelvic pain on the right side, as well as pain that traveled from the site down my leg. I was examined by his nurse practitioner and told her I thought I had an ovarian cyst. She said she found nothing, no lumps or bumps on my ovaries at all and told me that whatever my problem was, it was "not gynecological". I said well then what about this pain? She said that there was nothing their office could do since it was "not gynecological". She did not order tests, and she did not encourage me to seek any other medical treatment. I left with zero answers, and a tumor the size of a grapefruit on my ovary that I did not yet know about. I continued my work, exercise and etc, with the thing about to rupture. During work I winced in pain and my personal training client urged me to stop training her and immediately seek medical help. I went to see the nurse on site at work, and she ordered tests (that could not be done on site). The nurse at work said that severe abdominal pain for a prolonged period was a sign of something that could be life threatening, so she urged me to go to the ER if the pain persists. A couple days passed, and the pain became so great I could not bear it and I ended up at the ER at 3;30am. A sonogram revealed a tumor the size of a grapefruit on my ovary. The ovary was being crushed and blood supply cut off to it. The pain down my leg was the result of the size of the tumor putting pressure and restricting blood flow to the main artery in my leg. The hospital recommended surgery as soon as possible because the tumor was twisting at at risk of rupturing and causing internal bleeding. Dr.Peppy refused to come to the hospital, it was a Friday. I spoke to his staff, no one would put him on the phone. I was passed from person to person on the phone about 3 times. I was not given an appointment. Nothing was done. In my frustration, knowing that no surgeon was available at the hospital for my type of surgery, I needed Dr.Peppy to do it as an emergency because there would be no doctors on Saturday or Sunday. They refused to help or even make an appointment for surgery at that time, so in my frustration I said "Well he needs to get his a$$ down here and take this thing out of my body". The office staff refused me medical care because I used a swear word, and Dr.Peppy's office dumped me. Right while I was in the hospital. I did not want to be released from the hospital since I did not have an appointment for surgery, but since they dumped me I had no doctor to tell them to keep me over the weekend. Fortunately I found an excellent surgeon on my own, was examined, and immediately booked for surgery on Oct 29th, just one day after my exam, because the doctor said my ovary was dying and going to turn septic. So basically, being septic can kill you. The tumor was too large to remove by normal means, so they had to open me all the way up to remove it. Dr.Peppy's office does not give a care about new patients. I almost died from the tumor. And I was "dumped" while I was in the hospital in pain, for using a swear word. Who would not have raised a fuss, I was kept awake all night, poked and prodded, not allowed to eat, and scared because of the size of the tumor. Just being hungry is enough to make a person grumpy. But being starved, in pain, pumped with morphine, without sleep, and passed to 3 different staff on his phones, and I'm not supposed to be frustrated???????? His staff were very nasty on the phone with me. And my new gynecologist said that a PSYCHIATRIST could have found that tumor it was so big. My new surgeon even called Dr.Peppy's office to chew him out for his negligence. Here I am, 4 years later and I am STILL angry and traumatized by my experience at his office.

flag | Submitted February 5, 2018

One of the best and very knowledgeable doctor! I highly recommended!

flag | Submitted September 1, 2017

Horrible!!! Wait time was over an hour. He overbooks, makes you wait, then rushes you through appt. Terrible!! And very unprofessional.

flag | Submitted April 7, 2016

Wonderful and caring man and his staff are too. I drive From Stuart, Fl. just to have him care for me.

flag | Submitted November 9, 2015

I really wish I could comment on some of the comments on here. I had Dr Pepper he's a wonderful doctor. He eased me through my pregnancy. He was also the doctor that delivered my child. His staff was always amazing. Now granted this was over 10 years ago BUT him still being in business means he's doing something right. Did any of you ever think the reason why he has these "glowing reviews" it may be because he is a good doctor....

flag | Submitted July 30, 2015

Great Doctor. Makes patients feel comfortable and at ease. He was the only doctor that listened and found the out what caused my pain. He saved my life.

flag | Submitted June 21, 2015

Terrible hypocrite of a doctor...if that is what you would call him.

flag | Submitted June 3, 2015

I have been a patient with Dr Peppy for more years than I can recall and he is a wonderful doctor. My daughter is also a patient. I have noticed though that the performance of the staff has decreased. The front staff is hard to understand due to their accents. The wait time is out of control. If those things don't bother u then he is the best GYN around!

Submitted May 4, 2015

I was referred to Dr. Peppy by a friend after I finally got pregnant after a long battle with infertility. I have always had anxiety about my annual appt but he has a way of easing any worry. I spent a lot of time in his office with a twin pregnancy and loved everyone there. I was actually sad that I wasn't able to go weekly after my babies were born! I have since recommended several other patients and they all loved him too. He always takes the time to answer my questions and make me feel comfortable (which I imagine is why sometimes the wait is longer - I know he doesn't rush people out) so I don't mind waiting either. I will never go anywhere else!

Submitted December 1, 2014

Dr. Peppy is the best OB/GYN anywhere. He delivered both of my daughters. I now live in NY and would travel to make appointments with him if my insurance would cover it. He truly cares about all of his patients. Wonderful man, wonderful office, wonderful staff.

Submitted November 20, 2014

Dr. Terrence S. Peppy's Credentials

• State University Of New York At Buffalo School Of Medicine (Grad. 1991)

Medicaid / Medi-Cal