Ratings for Dr. Edward J. Weldon

I first saw Dr. Weldon with right shoulder pain. After an MRI we found a small tear in a tendon. He recommended physical therapy. I was in doubt of that route because of hearing about a tear. But low and behold it work. Right after taking care of that I have had issues with my right elbow. You did a debridement and my right elbow and within less than a week I was back to work. Now I have a tear in my left rotator cuff. After trying physical therapy and has not cured pain. We are doing surgery this week and I no I am in good hands with Dr. Weldon

flag | Submitted July 13, 2015

I have seen Dr. Weldon for several problems over the years. He is an excellent doctor. He will explore options other surgery first. If it is better for the patient he will recommend surgery. This will be the second surgery he has performed for me. I know without a doubt I am in the best hands and will receive the best of care. He is a kind, caring doctor with the highest quality of skills. Dr. Weldon is who I recommend to family members and friends.

flag | Submitted May 27, 2014

TOP TOP doctor! Other doctor had said I needed surgery and I was ready for surgery. Dr. Weldon is an experienced surgeon and he spent tons of time with me, then told me I did not need surgery. He referred me to special therapies who works only on shoulders. With stretching I am 100% better. It was a miracle to find this caring doctor and his excellent therapist. After several years of pain I am now pain free and have full movement in my shoulder again. I still stretch and that is MUCH better than pain medications. If I had not seen several doctors who misdiagnosed me I might not appreciate this doctor so much. He specializes in shoulders and he knows what he is doing. I'm healed & don't need any pain medication.

flag | Submitted May 7, 2014

I sought a diagnosis, advice for treatment from 3 different M.D.s Dr. Weldon was by far and away the best. The first MD recommended a complete shoulder replacement to a ball and socket joint that was not damaged. The second MD recommended I do nothing and only Dr. Weldon recommended I first try physical therapy and then suggested a simple operative procedure should the physical therapy not relieve the symptoms. He did a thorough exam (physical and interpretation of my MRI), recommended conservative treatment first, and treated me like an intelligent adult who could understand what was wrong with my shoulder and what my options were for treating it.

flag | Submitted May 16, 2009

I knew more about my shoulder and past 3 surgeries then he did. called me a drug addict /c my shoulder is completely ripped-up w/ post/op pain and issues. Refused to care for me due to his fear of complexity of tears (as all orthos I have saught opinions) and his personal opinions of me instead of treating the problem (my severe tears which would fix the need of pain medication). Deals only w/ simple procedures and is not by any means, private about our visit. Much too flirty ut afraid to go the extra mile and challenge HIMSELF to help patients in need. What a COWARD!

Submitted May 12, 2009

Dr. Weldon is an expert in his field (shoulder to hand orthopedics). He's very kind and compassionate. Especially good with children. I would highly recommend Dr. Weldon and all the Ortho Specialists at Straub.

flag | Submitted February 10, 2009

Dr Weldon is knowledgeable and very polite, we had a great experience with him, he fixed my shoulder when others could not.

flag | Submitted September 20, 2006

Dr. Edward J. Weldon's Credentials

• Boston University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1996)

Delta Dental