Ratings for Dr. Maria A. Pielaet

This review is many years old, but felt the need to share. I was only 15 when I found out I was pregnant back in 1993. I was extremely sick for the first and second trimester of my pregnancy. I was always treated so well by all of her staff, they were very kind and understanding. Dr. Pielaet was a wonderful, patient doctor ( I had 100 questions a visit) and made my pregnancy and birth so much easier with her confidence and kindness. My daughter is now 18 years old. It's easy to forget that person who helped care for you and was the first touch who gently guided your precious baby into the world. I have not, never will. Thank you, Dr. Pielaet!

flag | Submitted January 14, 2013

Very attentive, I never felt rushed and she was always thorough!

flag | Submitted January 26, 2012

Dr. Pielaet delivered my youngest three children at Barton Memorial Hospital, and has treated all six of our kids, as well as me, for a variety of different conditions over the past years. She is a wonderful doctor -- patient, kind and understanding. Our family moved "over the hill" to the Sierra Foothills area and I traveled back and forth over the mountain for all of my pre-natal appointments, and drove over there during a snow storm just so she could deliver my youngest child. I would not hesitate to recommend her to anyone looking for a great family doctor! Our insurance didn't cover all of the obstetrical costs, so Dr. Pielaet let us make payments, and was very patient with us, as it took over a year for us to send the final payment!

flag | Submitted August 18, 2009

Althought Dr. Pielaet seemed nice at first, her Nurse is extremely rude and argumentative.Her staff is not much better.When unable to remember what the nurse told my husband from previous day she argued and then when she realized she was wrong said "oh, I guess I'm sorry". Doctor told me on my first appointment "I have a very opionated staff so if you have a problem with one of them let me know and I'll make sure you don't have to see them again." When we did have a problem and tried to contact the doctor she did not call the number left and instead left a message on our home answering machine saying "Jenny is the only nurse I have, so if you have a problem with her I guess you should get your medical records and go elsewhere". We should have known this office wasn't good when each time we went for an appointment the parking lot was empty. After switching to a different office we have heard from several people that they had heard nothing but bad things about Sierra Family Care.

flag | Submitted September 20, 2006

Dr. Maria A. Pielaet's Credentials

• Univ Of Ca, Los Angeles, Ucla Sch Of Med, Los Angeles Ca 90024 (Grad. 1986)

AHC