Ratings for Delores A. Vandergrift

Terrible. I asked about testing for a thyroid disorder and she completely dismissed it as a possibility, verbally abused me, called me a hypochondriac, and told me I needed to deal with my "obvious" mental health issues. She went ahead and ran the labs but made me feel so awful. A year later I was diagnosed with a thyroid disorder by a doctor who walked into the room and immediately asked if I had problems with my thyroid because it was swollen. The initial test she ran suggested a thyroid problem but she told me it came back normal. My treatment was delayed a full year because she was so rude. And the depression issues I was having (because yes, I did have some issues with depression) - they went away shortly after I started treatment. Small wonder. I cannot recommend a doctor who is not only unhelpful, but genuinely destructive in her patient care.

flag | Submitted July 21, 2014