Ratings for Dr. Anna M. Campion

I have seen Dr Campion for three years. She is very intelligent, kind, and caring. She has been very helpful. I am in a much better place because of her.

flag | Submitted October 10, 2017

I have never believed in therapy. That being said, I had no idea what to expect, I did not understood the complexities or how difficult and painful it can be. Regardless, the one thing I was fully aware of was no matter what type of medical treatment, service or result you seek in anything, it will only ever be as good as the effort, coomunication, patience and time you yourself are willing to contribute as well. It is never a one-way street. Also, no one doctor, therapist, or service individual is the right professional for everyone. It is up to you the patient/consumer to determine if when you are doing your work but do not feel your needs are met, to seek a second opinion or switch to a different professional! That does not make that professional a quack, they were just not the right fit for you. But they maybe outstanding for others who seek their help, as many of us have Dr. Campion to be! Befor you point fingers and blame, I encourage you to take a long, hard, honest look at yourself and ascertain whether or not you met your obligation as as a patient. You identified you needed a more direct therapist, YOU SHOULD HAVE CHANGED THERAPISTS!! There a pleather of psychologists to choose from and many styles of exploration and treatment based on the individual therapist's education and training. As with any physician, a patient has a responsibility to put his or her own "work" in if they expect a balanced outcome. No person in any field has a crystal ball or ESP, it takes time to get to know the patient, truly understand their needs and then establish solid communication and trust in order to provide the best treatment and outcome possible. I would think that therapy would take a longer amount of time to set up and establish such an environment due to the very personal and emotional nature of the treatment! If you are looking for a therapist that will take the time to understand you, make you feel safe, gain your trust, be honest, truly delve into your darkest corners in order to help you heal and live a more productive and fulfilling life and you are willing to do your own work too, Dr. Campion is the top notch. But if you just sit there, don't participate, expect your mind to be read in 2 visits and be cured or be assigned a bunch of self-help BS, make an appoint with Dr. Phil!!

flag | Submitted September 11, 2017

I worked with Dr. Campion for 2 years and bared my soul. She went out of her way to help me. At the end she and I had truly erased my demons and I felt whole again . And still do. Thank you.

flag | Submitted September 6, 2014

Dr. Anna Campion is one of the best psychologists I have ever seen. She is very dedicated to helping her clients. I have read the other reviews and all I can say is you get out of counseling what you put into counseling.

flag | Submitted July 30, 2012

serious, insightful, authentic. I was not able to continue with Dr Campion , as I was relocating but several sessions (3) were very productive. Highly reccommend this psychologist as a person of integrity.

flag | Submitted February 2, 2012

First of all, the information on this website is incorrect. She is not a psychiatrist, but a clinical psychologist. Get it right. There is a complete and total difference. She's fabulous.

flag | Submitted November 2, 2011

Doctor Campion was very attentive and made me feel like she really cared about me.

flag | Submitted November 1, 2011

Anna is absolutely the best doctor I've ever worked with and I've worked with a lot. I am shocked at her poor rating. She is excellent.

flag | Submitted September 22, 2011

Is not helfpul whatsoever. She just sits there and wants me to talk.. I have anxiety, not depression so "talking about my feelings" is not an effective way to get rid of my anxieties. I can talk about it all I want, but for anxiety the only way you get better is by changing the way you think and a therapist has to help you do that. I sat in her office in silence for 30 minutes last appointment. She did not ask me a question. Just watched me sit there and stare at the floor. Terrible.

flag | Submitted December 10, 2009

On Nov. 1, 2005, the Attorney General of Oklahoma filed a complaint against Dr. Campion, alleging violations of eleven sections of the APA Ethical Standards, and four sections of the ASPPB Code of Conduct. This is a matter of public record, available from the Oklahoma State Board of Examiners of Psychologists, Case No. ADM-05-0061, Complaint No. BC 05-08. In December of 2005, Dr. Campion entered into a "Consent Order" in which she agreed to undergo remedial education and reimburse the State of Oklahoma for the expense of her prosecution.

flag | Submitted October 9, 2009