Ratings for Dr. Linda G. Spooner

Staff: Good (much better then 2 yrs ago). Punctuality: You may wait (usually, about 10-20 min). However, Dr. Spooner takes the time to listen and doesn't rush you out the door. Helpfulness: Very approachable and helpful. Knowledge: Yes, and will take the time to find an answer/solution if she doesn't know it off hand. Overall: I can't say enough kind words about Dr. Spooner. If you find yourself waiting for an apt., it is worth the wait (It took about 6 weekend for my first apt...typical for a new patient apt of any doc).

flag | Submitted February 5, 2009

Dr. Spooner is an excellent doctor as many others have indicated. Her appointments often run late as she takes the time to listen and discuss patients' complaints. Her staff must have improved, because I've had no problems with them or with getting in to make an appointment. I know the late appts are inconvenient, but generally it's because she takes so much time and care, dealing with emergencies instead of pawning them off on the ER or hospital docs.

flag | Submitted June 28, 2008

It will take a month to see her, no matter what the problem is. She does not return phone calls. Her referral to a specialist resulted in advising unneeded surgery.

flag | Submitted February 6, 2008

Love Dr. Spooner - treats you like an individual. Very knowledgeable, considerate. I have high expectations of my doctors, and I wouldn't go to anyone else. Staff has been helpful to me, and always return my calls.

flag | Submitted January 17, 2008

Dr. Spooner is a most wonderful doctor that I have, she always takes time to talk to you. One time I had a very painful back, I paged Dr. Spooner who was on vacation at the time, I paged her but I did not expect any call back. Most other doctors would just let you go the ER w/o returning your call. Dr. Spooner amazed me by calling back and made me felt better with her advices and concerns. Dr. Spooner is truly a doctor who wants to be doctor b/c she cares, she is not in it for the prestige/money. I totally admire her

flag | Submitted January 10, 2008

I waited for over an hour and I never saw the doctor. The staff was very nonchalant and did not seem to care that I had been waiting. They did, however, reimburse me for my copay.

flag | Submitted December 4, 2007

I have switched Doctors in this area quite a few times for one reason or the other. But Dr. Sponner is by far the best. I can not say much for her staff. I feel they need more training and some courses in patient care. Otherwise if she were to get a new staff....WOW!

flag | Submitted November 30, 2007

Dr. Spooner is a great MD but her staff WAS a pain. After hearing concerns from her patients she packed up her bag and started her own practice and she has hired her own staff....THEY ARE ALSO WONDERFUL. Give her a call 202-822-1240

flag | Submitted October 17, 2007

I had a physical in January 2007 with Dr. Spooner. Yes she's nice and easy to talk to but I had contact her for my test results. I have high cholestrol she did just called in a prescription and mailed the lab report to my house I did not know what the numbers met. I will never go to her again nor will I recommend her to anyone. I now have to go to another Dr to find out what the numbers mean.

flag | Submitted July 24, 2007

Dr. Spooner is very kind, and takes time to talk to you during the appointment. However, her staff are so awful that I will be finding a new doctor. They rarely answer the phone, are rude, yelled at me for requesting test results after waiting for months, and keep very poor records. In fact, her staff were unable to find a record of a previous appointment I had with this doctor because they spelled my name wrong (after having it spelled aloud and written down for them) in their records. This is no way to run a medical office. The staff is an insult to Dr. Spooner's talents.

flag | Submitted March 20, 2007

Dr. Linda G. Spooner's Credentials

• Howard Univ Coll Of Med, Washington Dc 20059 (Grad. 1999)

Carefirst Bcbs
Connection Dental Network
Eyemed Vision Care
Vision Service Plan (Vsp)