Ratings for Dr. Asghar Afsari

Horrible doctor. Archaic and out of date. Extremely poor listener

flag | Submitted September 23, 2013

this doctor is all about money money money. the only i received from him was one that caused further injury. performed unnecessary services. thanks i left him i now have a beautiful family something he told me i would never have. i will be contacting the appropriate people sending my medical records and have them look further into the treatment i received and will leave it up to the to decide if he performed the necessary services or all a scam.

flag | Submitted August 7, 2013

Dr. Afsari takes his time and is a partner in my healthcare I really appreciate his care over the years. I refer all my women friends to him because I want them to get the best care.

flag | Submitted October 26, 2012

Dr Afsari was very misleading and very vague with his responses. Diagnosis was wrong. He diagnoised me with unexplained infertility. He told me IVF was my only way at a cost of $20,000 per session. My true diagnosis was uncontrolled diabetes. Once diabtes was controlled I had two beautiful babies with Dr David Madyar through Oakwood Hospital. Dr Madyar is the best in Michigan. Dont waste your time and money with Dr Afsari. Not worth it.

flag | Submitted December 14, 2011

Dr. Afsari was kind and caring. Both he and his staff were very knowledgeableand took the time to explain everything. My husband also had fertility issues, he addressed both of our problems with compassion. We now have four beautiful sons. I can't express my gratitude for the gifts he has given us!

flag | Submitted October 3, 2011

I had several miscarriages and problems getting pregnant! After being a patient of Dr. Afsari, I now have 2 beautiful daughters!! I love him and his office staff!!!

flag | Submitted February 9, 2011

I had extensive endometriosis including large ovarian endometriomas which Dr. Afsari skillfully removed. At 40, I became pregnant the very next cycle without any other intervention. 20 months later, I conceived again naturally. God bless Dr. Afsari for his excellent work!

flag | Submitted June 23, 2010

I went to Dr. Afsari for a number of years. While he was nice and gentle, I ended up leaving because I felt like I couldn't make my own decisions about how my treatment plan would go. I was also concerned because my questions were answered vaguely or not at all about my health condition, and much of the answers I was given were not consistent with other answers he had given in the past. I was worried, and didn't know how serious my condition was and what course of action to take. He wanted to rush into a procedure that I didn't think was necessary at the time. I ended up leaving, and now I'm with a doctor that agrees that I'm not ready for that procedure. One note - I cried during a particularly terrible visit to his office, and he promptly left the room with no words of consolation. I know he's not a counselor but come on! The lady at his front desk is sweet though and gave me a hug.

flag | Submitted April 3, 2010

This physician was arrogant and not interested in helping patients understand their treatment plan.

flag | Submitted April 1, 2010

I have been a patient for over 20 years and have always found Dr. Afsari to be very thorough and professional. He is easy to talk to and answers questions to the best of his ability. I would highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted October 15, 2008

Dr. Asghar Afsari's Credentials

• Teheran Univ, Fac Of Med, Teheran, Iran (Grad. 1964)

Commercial Insurance Company