Ratings for Dr. Gloria Korta

I spent over 30 minutes waiting and I was the first appointment scheduled for the day. The doctor spent about 5 minutes with me and did not explain anything she was doing during the exam nor did she ask if I had any questions or concerns. I will not be returning to this practice, as the NP I was seeing for years no longer practices at the Winchester office.

flag | Submitted February 17, 2017

I have been a patient of Dr. Korta's for years, and until recently, I was happy enough with the care received in her office. For the past couple of years, I've felt that some of the office staff is borderline rude, but that wasn't enough to make me stop going there. Dr. Korta was fine. However, a recent incident of poor care by her nurse practirioner change my mind. And now that I've paid $25 and waited 3 weeks to get copies of my records, I wish I had switched sooner. I'm told that they "might be able" to copy my records within another week, and that others are ahead of me. Would it really take month or more to stand at the copier or scanner and get caught up? Good thing I don't have surgery scheduled.

flag | Submitted June 30, 2015

I was a new patient with Dr. Korta. When I called to set up my first appointment for a yearly pap smear, they stated it would be with the nurse practioner and not Dr. Korta, which I found unusual for a first time patient. Before my exam began the NP was inquiring about my family medical history, which I explained the illnesses and diseases of both maternal and paternal. In which case breast cancer was diagnosed in two females of the same family. She began to explain about the BRAC test, which I may be eligible for. I stated Iwas not interested at this time but maybe in the future. Long story short, they billed me for a problem visit which my insurance did not cover fully and on top of that she tried to upsell the BRAC test, which is very expensive. Here I thought they were genuinely caring for my medical history. So BEWARE, they charge you for conversations of your medical history which you are not aware of and do not disclose it to you that there will be a fee for it.

flag | Submitted November 21, 2014

Last straw was when my mom came home in tears after Dr. Korta stood outside her door and was making fun of my mom to an employee. I had a Leep procedure and when they had finished the front desk announced to me that I had forgotten to tell them I was due for a shot as well. They made me sit out in the waiting room for a half hour after having a very uncomfortable surgery to receive the 30 second shot that apparently was my responsibility to remember. I never received a call about my Leep results- after 10 days of worrying I finally called and was told I was fine. Just not how I want to be treated or have my mother treated. We will be going elsewhere now.

flag | Submitted August 30, 2014

I had an endometrial ablation in her office after being diagnosed with a uterine infection. She never checked to see if the infection cleared. I had tremendous pain during the procedure and she told that I would feel nothing. Turns out anesthesia doesn't take to infected tissue. I ended up with sepsis and in the hospital for 5 days. after complications from the ablation she recommended a hysterectomy. I now got to MGH. I am a nurse and have worked in obstetrics. Her standard of care is poor and sloppy.

flag | Submitted July 17, 2014

I went to dr. Korta for a few years and suffered from very strong cycles. She recommended an ablation. After doing some research it seemed a good option. The ablation worked in that my cycles are lighter but not gone. However, during the procedure she also burned the cervical entry point causing scar tissue to grow and now I have the pleasure of a slow post cycle leak lasting for many days as the old blood trickles out because the cerical opening isn't big enough. The solution she offered up was a hysterectomy. I've since left.

flag | Submitted June 7, 2013

THE Best. 25 years with this wonderful woman. Delivered both my children and was very compassionate and caring during a heartbreaking miscarriage. She is a great Dr and very funny. She is a straight shooter and will keep you informed and educated.

flag | Submitted April 27, 2011

flag | Submitted March 22, 2011

Please find another doctor,went for day surgery ended up in coma for 5 weeks Rehab after learning to speak & walk again . Again please find another doctor this can happen to you.

flag | Submitted February 5, 2011

Her staff is fantastic and appointments are always on time.

flag | Submitted February 12, 2009

Dr. Gloria Korta's Credentials

• State University Of New York Health Science Center Of Syracuse (Grad. 1982)

MB Health