Ratings for Dr. W. J. Fourie

Dr. Fourie failed me by not submitting required records to WorksafeBC after a workplace injury for which I did not miss any work. However, it has been 15 years since the incident occurred and my condition has worsened. While I was undergoing acupuncture, traction, bone scan, CT Scan, chiropractic therapy, and communicated ongoing issues with this physician, nothing was sent in to Worksafe BC on my behalf. The result was Worksafe closing my file and assuming that everything was ok despite ongoing treatments and symptoms.

flag | Submitted March 23, 2017

This doctor is arrogant and rude. He felt threatened by a specialist and told me not to pay attention to those academics. Ther academic he was reeferring to is one of the most respected in his field in North America and was the one who helped me when Fourie was only causing me more problems. He dcefinitely needs more training in certain things.

flag | Submitted December 9, 2010

I am shocked to see bad reviews on DR. Fourie. He was always wonderful to me. He never rushed me, always listened and explained things in ways that I could understand. He always squeezed me in when necessary. Cory, his nurse was also always wonderful. The only thing was the wait to see him..usually an hour after your appt. I had moved out of Terrace and was there recently and ran into him at the hospital, he took the time to say hi to me and ask how things were even though I hadn't seen him in 5 years!! He is a great doctor and I would definitely recommend him!!

flag | Submitted September 10, 2010

Ok, not as bad as Dr. Wong, but close. A family member has had this doctor for a few years, and he seemed good at first. however, over the past 2 years he has continually argued about the validity of health problems, on top of which he also interfered and effectively cancelled a specialist appointment without patient knowledge. when you have to phone an out of town hospital to make your own appointment with a specialist, and that specialist meets with you/agrees you need surgery, there is something terribly wrong.

flag | Submitted July 14, 2010

More than once this guy has gone the extra mile for me and I appreciate it. Very surprised to read the negative comments about him on this site as that has not been the case with me. We are lucky to have many great doctors here in Terrace and Jaco is one of them. Very smart man.

flag | Submitted August 7, 2009

dr. fourie has been my doctor since he first arrived here in terrace. he has been my dr. through 2 pregnancies. i have nothing negative to say about him. he has been 100% in all aspects. very lucky to have him. above and beyond. i am shocked at the stupidity in the comments regarding him being away. heaven forbid he takes a holiday ... get real. there are always going to be those who you will never please and look for the negative. dr. fourie is a gem :) have fun on your next saffari dr. fourie!

flag | Submitted March 24, 2009

Dr. Fourie made a mistake and instead of an apology he got angry and told me to find another doctor, which isn't easy to do in Terrace.

flag | Submitted July 17, 2008

Dr. Fourie has been nothing but wonderful to myself and my family. He listens, he goes the extra mile to explain things in laymans terms and doesn't make you feel he is rushing you out the door. Excellent care...gets to the root of the problem which hasn't always been my experience with other doctors.

flag | Submitted July 10, 2008

This doctor has been selfish, arrogant, and has shown lack of compassion. The area would be better off without him.

flag | Submitted May 7, 2008

We've been priviledged to have Dr. Fourie since he moved to Terrace, but we realize that his attitude is dictated very much by whether or not he likes you. We've heard some nasty stuff, but never seen it ourselves. In the past two years we're able to see him less and less, sometimes we're lucky to see him twice a year, having to deal with alternatives, although that hasn't proven too bad. We do begin to wonder how much he remembers of our personal health though.

flag | Submitted October 21, 2007