Ratings for Dr. Elaine M. Arata

Was recommended to Dr. Arata by another excellent Doctor. She has been superb with my wife's difficult health issues and excellent with my simpler health as well. The office is well managed, appointments start within five minutes of their scheduled time and you are through the process with grace and efficiency.

flag | Submitted April 17, 2017

Dr. Arata may be a good " mechanic", but she is utterly without compassion and understanding. If you are looking for a doctor in whom you can confide and feel that you have a partner in your healthcare, you'd better go somewhere else.

flag | Submitted March 10, 2016

I am surprised by the good comments. I saw this MD as a referral from a coworker (we are both healthcare providers), and it took me 2yrs to get an appointment b/c she wasn't seeing new patients. Finally got an appointment, for a well-visit / preventative care visit ONLY, except this did not include PAP smear / female check-up. The visit was average at best. A few months later, I got a bill in the mail for the full cost of the visit, because my insurance was billed as an outpatient/sick visit. I called the office to have the billing codes changed (I thought it was a simple error). So they did without problem, and I thought nothing more of it until I got a PERSONAL letter from Dr. Arata, stating that what she spent a lot of time with me, so she needed to bill more, and if I didn't like it, she would resubmit it as a preventative care visit (which it was) and I could see another physician because our "healthcare philosophies differ." They do differ, because I don't believe in fraud.

flag | Submitted March 10, 2014

Very happy with Dr Arata. She's very caring and seems thorough.

flag | Submitted October 1, 2011

I've really enjoyed my interactions with Dr Arata. She is thoughtful and patient and really listens.

flag | Submitted March 3, 2010

The best trouble shooter I've been to in years. Thorough and pays attention to detail. My grandmother, mother, and daughter have all been excellently cared for through some serious illnesses.

flag | Submitted November 2, 2008

Outstanding. Quality care with professional bearing. Usually seen within 15 min. of appointment time. Listens and solves problems quickly.

flag | Submitted December 14, 2006

Excellent doctor: patient, understanding, caring. Listens well. Manages patients well (gets tough if she has to). Excellent diagnostician.

flag | Submitted September 20, 2006

Dr. Elaine M. Arata's Credentials

• Indiana University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1977)

Avmed