Dr. Carolina Landolt-Marticorena

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Carolina Landolt-Marticorena

I've only seen Dr. Landolt twice, but at this point I'd give her a 10 out of 5 if I could. I was referred to her for pain treatment for fibromyalgia. After years of misdiagnosis and being treated like a leper in the health care system - and increasing disability to the point I could barely function and care for myself at all- my life has been changed for the better. Not cured by any means, but I now have hope. She is exactly as other reviewers have said here: knowledgeable, thorough, gifted and professional. Especially gifted. I'd also add: determined, curious, highly intelligent, flexible, and follows her gut. A Sherlock Holmes of medicine. She almost immediately, and correctly, said that she didn't think fibromyalgia was the appropriate diagnosis. Her face got furrowed and determined, and she researched and researched, muttering all the while; occasionally asking me a quick question (more often talking to herself), and eventually said 'I think this is it', and came up with an obscure diagnosis that exactly fit my symptoms. She first tried one medication, and when I had a bad reaction to it, didn't press me to continue, and prescribed something else (which was her initial suggestion based on her gut instinct) which has helped me considerably. Neither of which was cannabis, even though she's located in a medical cannabis clinic. I still have a long way to go (with significant pain still and other symptoms), but even if my health doesn't get any better than this she's already given me my life back. She also printed out and gave me the medical article upon which she'd based her diagnosis, which gave me other tips which have helped my condition. She's not a doctor who hides behind their knowledge and dispenses it like God; she's open and informative. I didn't believe doctor's like this still existed in our health care system, but she does. Thank heavens.

flag | Submitted January 14, 2019

I have never met a more compassionate, knowledgeable, thorough, gifted and professional doctor than Dr. Landolt. She has built a remarkable practice for the treatment of pain through Cannabinoids. She knows her stuff including international law and how it is changing. She has changed my life. We have finally arrived in the 21st century and physicians like Dr. Landolt are leading the way. Her young staff are also brilliant, affable and caring.

flag | Submitted January 2, 2018

compassionate and smart, great staff - so happy i found this clinic

flag | Submitted December 14, 2017

Very kind doctor, would recommend going to see her. Very open minded.

flag | Submitted May 23, 2017

Dr Landolt has been amazing in my experience. She's patient, knowledgeable, and highly recommended. She is also very thorough and if needed, will not hesitate to refer you to another specialist. She understands that sometimes, your medical condition can be complicated, and it takes a team to help. Definitely not one of those doctors who regard themselves as the "be all and end all". Although I never trust anyone 100%, i have complete confidence in her judgement.

flag | Submitted October 25, 2016

Dr Landolt has been my doctor for 14 years. Without her I know I would be dead or close to it. She is very hands on! Genuine concern for her patients. She's not in the assembly line business of billing OHIP. If you need an hour of her time, she will give it to you! If she even thinks that you need further investigative testing, you're getting it! She is determined to find the cause of your ailment and get it treated. She puts you at ease from the moment you meet her. I thank god every day that she and I crossed paths many years ago. I refer all family/friends to her. Her staff is also pleasant and compassionate with a great sense of humour!!

flag | Submitted October 20, 2016

Great doctor with great personality !! Outgoing, caring, and make sure taken care of

flag | Submitted October 13, 2016

Are we all speaking of the same doctor ? We recently had the misfortune of dealing with dr landolt , and she was extremely rude and condensending .. it was by far the worst experience we have ever had with a physician in our hospital. We understand that the job can be stressful but a person's life is on the line you would assume a doctor would treat them at the bare minimum like a human being. Wish we would have seen a glimmer of the doctor that the rest of these reviews are expressing. Dr. Landolt should re evaluate why she is in this profession, her disposition only added to our elderlies stress. Wish I didn't have to even give her one star.

Submitted October 9, 2016

Great Doctor! Very kind and caring! Wish all specialists were like her! Highly recommend going to see her!

flag | Submitted July 6, 2016

great doctor, great staff. i wasnt sure if driving from down to toronto was worth it. it sure was. i learnt so much about my fibromyalgia and i feel like i finally have a plan to improve my health

flag | Submitted April 23, 2016

Dr. Carolina Landolt-Marticorena's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

As one of Canada’s leading rheumatologists, Dr. Landolt is currently delving into the study, research, and discussion of medical cannabinoids. One of the fundamentals of her practice is a concern for the stigma associated with medical cannabis and patients.

• English
  • Spanish

• University of Toronto (Grad. 2009)

• Osteoarthritis
  • Rheumatoid arthritis
  • Fibromyalgia
  • Bursitis
  • Back pain

• The Ian Watson Lupus Award - 2007
  • CRA/ARF Best Basic Science Research Award - 2015

Please call the Doctor's office to find out if your insurance plan is accepted.