Ratings for Dr. Gerard J. Fitzpatrick

I have to say I was a bit concerned after reading some of the reviews. I went to Dr. Fitzpatrick because he was covering for my PCP who is on vacation. I am on Enbrel and had a serious skin infection last summer. I was afraid I was having the same problem again. After calling this morning I was offered a 3:30 appt. I arrived a bit early, was greeted nicely by the receptionist and given the standard paperwork to fill in. At very close to 3:30 I was taken to an exam room. They apologized for putting me in the pediatric exam room since they were busy, but it was fine. The nurse came in and took my vitals and a brief history. Dr. Fitzpatrick greeted me warmly and listened to my concerns and history. He closely examined my suspected infection and assured me it was not an infection and then explained very clearly what my problem was and the reasons for his diagnosis. He was very knowledgeable and professional and I would not hesitate a moment to put myself under his care again.

flag | Submitted July 14, 2014

As stated by others, Dr. Fitzpatrick can be very dismissive. He changed my blood pressure medication without informing me, and denied doing so. His head nurse, office manager is a witch!! She should not be allowed to work with patients - ever!

flag | Submitted July 31, 2013

Had a UTI and the office staff never called to tell me. Suffered for 2 weeks. When I found out a script had been called in I called the office to complain. The Office Manager read to me from my chart, "well you were told to drink water and cranberry juice." Unbelieveable.

flag | Submitted April 27, 2010

A bully. Couldn't remember ever seeing me (understandable given the workload) and repeatedly asked me why I thought I had a condition I've had for 34 years. Dismissive of all my complaints. After admitting to not knowing much about my condition and refusing to look at my file (and records I had brought from other docs) told me outright he had no intention of learning anything about said condition. A quote: "It's not my job to learn about your condition. It's my job to refer you to specialists." Fine. When I asked for a referral to a specialist he said, "I can't help you with that." Also accused me of "trying to be the doctor". Very confusing. The nurses are wonderful as is the P.A.. Office staff are very nice except for one who is quite cold.

flag | Submitted November 19, 2009

Pretty poor doctor. DIdn't return an emergecy page and forgot to call in much needed scripts. Not too good for sure.

flag | Submitted November 8, 2009

Dr Fitzpatrick misdiagnosed my son's BURST appendix for a stomach flu! Thank you Dr.Fitzpatrick you nearly let my son die!

flag | Submitted October 28, 2009

My whole family sees this doctor and his physician asst...the office is so great at followup and customer service. Dr Fitz is truly a nice man who does know his stuff. Anything I need to talk about he helps with...uses consultant specialists quite appropriately. Overall a wonderful choice.

flag | Submitted September 6, 2009

I had a terrible experience with him. He was dismissive of my complaints and totally missed a diagnosis which he should have seen. I would NEVER see him again. He doesn't listen nor is he good at figuring things out. Go elsewhere if you can.

flag | Submitted June 15, 2009

Interesting. I recently discovered this site, and despite, thank goodness, the fact that I haven't seen Dr. Fitzgerald in many years, I thought I'd look him up. I was astonished to see him with a positive rating. He was my 'doctor' from age 5 to age 20. He repeatedly misdiagnosed me for several concerns, which led to emergency surgery at age 20. He was dismissive of my complaints and treated me as though my symptoms were in my head. As a medical professional myself, I can now look back and see just how bad of a doctor he was. I wouldn't recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted March 17, 2007

He is very good and ushually knows what he is talking about. He can sometimes be preoccupied with other thinks but 9 times out of 10 he is awsome. He is also just a very nice guy.

flag | Submitted December 6, 2006