Ratings for Dr. Michael L. Dern

He was my doctor for 25. He had so many patients that he could not even return a call. I switched to a doctor who is all business, no chatting about current events and family which only slows a doctor down.

flag | Submitted October 17, 2014

Have gone to him for over 25 years and find him to be very good true he never takes you on time but find him worth the wait also have to call for test results as he does not always call you back

flag | Submitted October 10, 2014

After 31 years as Dr Dern's patient I have left his practice. I have spent countless hours in his waiting room over the years only to come to the conclusion that his care isn't worth all the Hype! My last visit with him after waiting nearly 2.5 hours , sitting in his office he was nodding off. He was either way over tired and wasn't paying attention to my needs at the time or he was on drugs.Really not sure which. Too many times my care has been left hanging, I find his staff to be curt at times as well. Found a new Family Practice Dr and for the first time in MANY years feel like I am actually being listened too. Never mind I can go to see my new Dr. be attended to, have labs drawn and have an xray and be back in my office in less time then just the wait in the waiting room (never mind the wait inside the examine room) at Dr. Derns. So DONE with him!

flag | Submitted May 28, 2014

Dr. Dern is knowledgeable and friendly. That's about where the nice experience stops. I had Dr. Dern as a primary, and I never had my calls returned, waited too long in the waiting room / exam room (more than twenty minutes) and felt that he was rushed during the visit. He clearly has too many patients, and I wish he would shave that beard. I have expressed these feelings to Dr. Dern and his staff, but ultimately decided to find another G.P.

flag | Submitted January 24, 2014

He often doesn't communicate test results. you will have to call repeatedly to discuss treatment changes. He's clearly overbooked. I have waited 2 hours for him!

flag | Submitted November 22, 2010

Dr Dern has been my doctor for over 20 years, He is bed side maner is excellant he leaves no stone unturned.You may wait a while to see him but he spends a great deal of time with you and answers every question you may have concerning your health.He is very careing and compasionate.

flag | Submitted September 3, 2009

Excellent doctor, staff etc. You may wait a bit, but it is well worth it.

flag | Submitted March 10, 2009

He's been my primary care physician for abiut 25 years. He's very knpwledgeable. He refers atients to speciualists when neded. Over the past few years, I've found that he seldom returns calls. He often doesn't communicate test results. I now find I have to cal lrepeatedly to discuss treatment changes. He's clearly overbooked.

flag | Submitted November 24, 2008

This Dr is the best advocate I have ever had for my healthcare. He provided end of life care for my parent came to the wake when the end did come. I trust him and feel for the ridiculous hoops the medical system puts on him and other docs who are trying to keep up. He knows what he is doing and refers to the best he can find when appropriate. A+

flag | Submitted August 17, 2008

Very unhelpful. Only spends 5 minutes max. with you, very rushed. Double books appointments. Doesn't listen to your concerns. Always running late. Hard to reach by phone, never returns calls or calls back with test results within timely manner.

flag | Submitted April 19, 2007

Dr. Michael L. Dern's Credentials

• Boston University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1977)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Brockton, MA