Ratings for Dr. Andrew Martin

My Doctor of many years retired and he took over her patients. There is never any need for me to remove clothes as his check overs are so cursory. There seems to be little concern over my losing employment or education opportunities due to poor health. He has made it clear I am on a clock so I feel I have to rush and feel I am inconveniencing him. My medical and family history in the change to electronic files became completely missing in some areas. Even after this was discovered there was no attempt to do a new history so care is still being provided with missing history. Referrals to specialists at times seem to be made over minor issues wasting my time and the specialists. He does not listen well almost rolling his eyes in boredom and condescension and then does not accurately hear what I am saying which then confuses everything. If he was a child I would give him a time out for rudeness. He may be on time but is not really present. The quality of my life has decreased as he is quite accepting of unacceptable levels of poor health. No "female" check ups have been mentioned or done in years. He does not care. It scares me the way he takes care of my health. It scares my family as well, as they are the ones who watch me struggle. The clinic sends out an asinine request to your email asking you to assess your appointment. If they really wanted this completed they would provide an anonymous way to do it so that patients don't risk an even further reduction in the quality of care. I trust my vet , I don't trust Dr. Martin. The vet thoroughly examines my animals , listens carefully, explains diagnosis thoroughly, prescribes medications and does not leave them crippled. My car gets an 18 point check over when I change the oil, wish I did.

flag | Submitted September 10, 2018

This doctor had me on a too low level of thyroid meds for two years. Refused to refer me to a hormone specialist saying he could handle it even though I have had my gland removed. I got very sick but he wouldn't listen. Refused to investigate my body pain, hair falling out, weight gain and more. Didn't like that I went to a natureopath for help. Refused to acknowledge the blood work results I had paid my natureopath for, which were expensive and legitimate. Finally sacked him and found a great doctor elsewhere, who sorted me out. It's taken 2 years to put my health back together. He also misdiagnosed my child with migraines for a year. So much pain with headaches every week. The new doctor knew what it was right away when he saw my child's swollen neck at the back and followed up with blood work to confirm. Severe iron and vit D deficiency. Both very dangerous. It took 18 months to get the levels to where they should be. I have also had a positive diagnosis for my pain, osteoarthritis discovered through total body x-rays ordered by him, and osteoporosis. Both missed by Martin. Martin also said that my pain, mood and sleep apnea issues are unrelated when I asked him. I found a sleep specialist in Toronto who has written a booklet about how those three things do indeed reciprocate one another in a vicious cycle. Just as I suspected. Martin missed other stuff too, but I think I have made my point so I won't go into those things. Good for you if he has been a good doctor to you. As for me and my child, thank goodness I sacked him and found a good practitioner who knows what he is doing.

flag | Submitted June 15, 2017

Dr Martin was very helpful after my daughter was in an accident. The best doctor one can have.

flag | Submitted September 5, 2016

Dr Martin is very caring and supportive. You won't be able to find a better doctor or care team.

flag | Submitted November 18, 2015

Dr. Andrew Martin is the best doctor our family ever had.

flag | Submitted April 9, 2015

I have seen a large number of doctors in the course of my life. And as others here attest, I too must concur, what a talent this doctor truly is. Separate from his technical skills, indeed, he: listens; is prepared; is personable; is engaged; follows up – I’ve never had a doctor personally return a phone call; has time to answer your questions, however minor; and simply put, seems to genuinely have your best interests in mind when seeing and tending to you. Plus he also has a pretty fair memory, as far as I can tell. Finally what I like most about Dr. Martin, is that he is not pretentious, patronizing and all knowing. Where required he tests thoroughly and moves you on to see the specialists without hesitation. Wow!

flag | Submitted February 21, 2015

Rockwood is lucky to have Dr Andrew M. He is the best doctor ever, very helpful, kind, knows his patients and their problems, and gets back to them. Since he moved to Rockwood, I am still searching for good doctor in my area :(

flag | Submitted September 2, 2014

Dr. Martin listens, addresses difficult issues and is always helpful. He is very knowledgeable, remembers patients and their problems, and gets back to them, when needed. It is just great to have Dr.Martin in Rockwood.

flag | Submitted March 18, 2014

This doctor is a gift. Long and short, he knows his stuff, he's thorough, he's really nice and he let's me know what's going on.

flag | Submitted January 11, 2014

In 2007, at 42, I became ill. The pain, fatigue and GI symptoms cost me my job and quality of life. Epilepsy took my license, freedom and independence. Thankfully my doctor of 25+ years stood by me and forced referrals until I finally got a diagnosis of Dysautonomia (h-POTS with OI) in 2013. In May, my doctor retired and Dr. Martin joined East Wellington Family Health Team in the Rockwood Clinic. My case is complex but Dr. Martin had actually read my chart. He was absolutely wonderful; professional, knowledgeable and thorough AND compassionate, empathetic and understanding. He listened and heard. If you look at his Thornhill comments, you'll see that this is a very competent doctor who is also a decent, good-hearted human being; a rare combination. I sincerely apologize to everyone whose appointment was later than scheduled. My driver was unavoidably delayed and it was my fault, not Dr. Martin's. I'm very grateful that a physician of his caliber is here.

flag | Submitted August 28, 2013