Ratings for Dr. Maryam Shayesteh Alam

I took my grandma to her yesterday. She had already seen 3 different doctors so far , no clue! Dr Alam asked very detailed questions and examined her thoroughly and in a few minutes found what was wrong . I was so surprised how knowledgeable she is. We started the treatments and she will see my grandma again in a few weeks. I am very happy and glad that she is looking after my grandma

flag | Submitted July 9, 2016

Just saw her today and the worst bedside manner ever in any doctor I have ever seen. She was abrupt, rude and indignant. She should be reported to OMA for being unprofessional.

flag | Submitted July 7, 2016

She is extremely nice and caring. I was shocked to see a few nasty comments about the list great doctor who has saved the life of many patients. We lost the other dermatologist and I am very concerned that with some stupid and unfair comments about this doctor we will force her to leave our town and we will end up traveling miles to south to be seen by any unknown doctor. Be fair pkease !!!!!

flag | Submitted July 6, 2016

I went to her office as I have a history of skin cancer. I hardly got into her office when she noticed that something on my arm looked like melanoma. She had a biopsy done which proved her correct. She probably saved my life with her expertise. As far as her punctuality is concerned, that is caused by the lack of expert dermatologists in our area - not her fault!

flag | Submitted June 30, 2016

Narcissistic monster threw a temper tantrum for coming in when she requested I come back for a follow up. Something deeply wrong with her no caring or bedside manner. Strokes her ego at her patients expense staff apologized to me I will never return. Office is filthy as well.

Submitted June 17, 2016

I was surprised to see how busy and crowded was her office as I entered. I thought I was in ER!! I almost returned to avoid waiting for a long time but since I was concerned about

flag | Submitted May 22, 2016

I always had an exellent experience visiting Dr. Alam she is super busy,no doubt but it definitely worth seeing her for my skin problems because she is the only one who makes me feel comfortable and and I always feel I am in a good hand. I don't trust even my family doctor for any skin issue

flag | Submitted May 20, 2016

I have had multiple appointments with Doctor Alam for biopsies,visits and many surgeries,I strongly believe that her office is just a blessing for Barrie people. I am appreciative of the excellent care given each and every time that I visited this wonderful centre

flag | Submitted May 20, 2016

Absolutely disgusted with the service I received from Dr Alam. The staff at reception was wonderful, however the dermatologist herself was horrid. I was there for advice and help on my long battle with acne. She pushed accutane, which was expected but after I told her I will not do accutane (due to horrible side effects and long term effects) she told me she can't help me. I asked what skin type I am she said "it doesn't matter". I was in for not even 5 minutes and left crying because I am still struggling with my acne and gained no extra help on the subject from this insensitive dermatologist.

flag | Submitted May 19, 2016

Waited 3months to see Dr Alam for her to spend 5minutes with me and send me to another specialist in Oakridges, that took another 2months to see. In the time it took me waiting to see her my symptoms got worse. Although Dr Kunitz was a bit bizarre he never sent me elsewhere and fixed my problem. Shouldn't a specialist be able to help you??

flag | Submitted May 12, 2016

Dr. Maryam Shayesteh Alam's Credentials

• University of Tehran (Grad. 1990)