Ratings for Dr. Maryam Shayesteh Alam

I was in her office for my appointment I saw many desperate patients all coming from far towns and Barrie to see this doctor. She is treating huge number of patients and all I saw were very happy including me. I can't imagine my community without this great great doctor

flag | Submitted September 14, 2017

Be prepared to wait a very long time to have a one minute appointment and be rushed out.

flag | Submitted September 13, 2017

Sat and waited, when she found out I had a form of ca-mrsa (bad infection) she had the nerve to call me a disease and that that I need to see disease specialist, I am not sure how you all feel about being called a disease but I can tell you it did not feel good, looking for a new dermatologist.

Submitted August 27, 2017

Being her patient for 5 years now. I am happy every time I see her and haven't any single issue. The best dermatologist

flag | Submitted July 15, 2017

I rather wait an hour for an appropriate diagnosis and management (which Dr. Alam happily provided) than waste months hopping from one doctor to another who can't figure out what my problem is. Shortage of doctors = long wait times, less hand holding from your doctor.

flag | Submitted June 25, 2017

I am thoroughly happy with my experience with this clinic, Dr Alam and staff. Have you ever stopped to think about the wait, yet other times you don't wait at all? It's because people like my husband are unexpectedly having cancer removed. For those who just need a simple mole removed, get the kit at Shopper's and burn it off or go to a plastic surgeon. This woman is the only derm in a very large area and is a cancer specialist. Get over yourselves and understand she is rushed and likely frustrated answering questions that your regular dr or any magazine article or pamphlet can answer. Educate yourselves before you go! But she will still happily answer questions and sooth your fears if you express them to her.

flag | Submitted June 20, 2017

After waiting long to see her I decided to change my dermatologist. I was referred to the one in collingwood. This new one was so rude and careless that I decided to go back to dr alam. I found her very pleasant and extremely caring. She is so busy and doing super fast but this is because of her experience and knowledge. I heard from everyone in the waiting room that she is the best , don't expect a long chat with her though!!

flag | Submitted June 9, 2017

Worst doctors experience from beginning to end. No one answers the phones, a voicemail picks up every call. No courtesy appointment reminders. At least 5 signs in the office warn of 1-2 hours waits like its the norm, and it is! Staff are unfriendly and Dr Alam spent barely 5 mins with us, cold, rude, didn't ask if we had any questions. Brutal!! Not worth the wait, will be getting referred to another dermatologist.

flag | Submitted June 6, 2017

The wait to see her is always long and, as someone else stated, the chairs are extremely uncomfortable. Dr Alam needs to work on her communication skills. She looked at the spot I was concerned about and told me it was nothing. Then, without saying anything, she burned a few spots off my forehead, circled some spots on my cheeks and took pictures. I asked what the spots were and she said we will get biopsies. That didn't answer my question. She said come and we will make an appointment. She was gone before I turned around. When I was there, her student introduced herself. Dr. Alam didn't talk to her while looking at me; I don't know if she learned anything from it. The reception staff seemed to be under a lot of pressure. Her nurse was very pleasant.

flag | Submitted May 29, 2017

I arrived a bit early for my appointment, didn't wait long at all. Saw Dr Alam she was very professional and concerned. Requested a six month body check. Made me feel she cared. Scheduled surgery the following week, very please with my service. Thank you

flag | Submitted May 11, 2017

Dr. Maryam Shayesteh Alam's Credentials

• University of Tehran (Grad. 1990)

• BCBS Illinois