Ratings for Dr. Maryam Shayesteh Alam

Dr Alam is the only skin doctor that I trust. She is very honest and doesn't fool you!! I never go to other Dermatologists

flag | Submitted February 19, 2017

Dr. Alam delivered the results of my biopsy in a cold detached manner. I didn't feel I had time to take in the news, and respond. Questions weren't answered satisfactorily. I felt dismissed. She demonstrated very little warmth or empathy. I felt like a number in an assembly line.

flag | Submitted February 16, 2017

I am so grateful for Dr. Alam. My youngest daughter (Nicole) had a suspicious looking mole on her back. Dr. Alam took the time necessary to talk to us and my daughter was very comfortable with her (which is very rare for my daughter) Dr. Alam asked if we would mind if she sent us for a second opinion. The short version of this story is with waiting and seeing a total of two specialist and then having the surgery to remove this mole which was very deep at the Humber River Hospital in Toronto. All the specialists agreed they did not want to wait for Sick Kids to book her surgery (long waiting list) . The whole process took just under two months and now my daughter is fine. I have been told her scare will fade over time. Every doctor we saw made us feel at ease and my daughter was not scared at all. I would recommend Dr. Alam to anyone who needs help in a heart beat. I think individuals need to remember in Barrie we have only one dermatologist left. Two retired, one moved and one has temporarly lost his doctor's privileges until the courts decide what to do with him. My point being, it goes without saying you will wait a long time to see her because of the lack of dermatologists we have here. I have probably been to more doctors that most people and I realize it is frustating waiting so long to see a doctor, but it is like this everywhere. I realize everyones time is precious and no one wants to wait in a doctors office for long periods of time, but again people need to wake up and face reality because this is happening everywhere. Maybe more people should compain to their government. As for Dr. Alam personality, myself and daughter found her to be pleasant, she answered our questions and took the time to explain what would happen next. Sometimes some people need to change their attitude and realize the world does not resolve just around them and some patients have more serious problems - you just never know. For me and my daughter we will stay with her because she has helped us and was respectful. Sometimes we get what we give out. I always bring a book or something else to do instead of acting rude to the receptionists (who do not have control over this). If you think your visit or wait time was unacceptable, then just go somewhere else and try to see another doctor:)

flag | Submitted February 7, 2017

have seen her in multiple back to back visits and have never had a feeling of being rushed. She did an exam and sent me for a biopsy and also I did a surgery at her center and my issue was solved in a very professional way. What else should I expect. I am very happy with this office and will never go to another place

flag | Submitted February 3, 2017

Total lack of empathy! Yes, she is busy, but so are others!

flag | Submitted January 30, 2017

Would not recommend. Rude and 2 hour + wait to find out she was not able to help me. Was not able to tell by looking at my rash what it was and wanted a biopsy when a spot first appears. Difficult to do when no way of knowing when a spot appears if it will end up inflamed, itchy and long lasting. Very disappointed and looking outside of area for a good and knowledgeable dermatologist. Was a waste of time.

flag | Submitted January 25, 2017

It seems that one of unhappy previous employees of this great doctor is making some nasty comments. It is a shame

flag | Submitted January 19, 2017

I found whatever I maybe looking for in a specialist in Dr Alam. She provided the best care with a great knowledge and fast service. She doesn't waste your time with stupid and nonsense comments:)

flag | Submitted January 14, 2017

Not sure what all the criticism is about. Was in in 15 min and found her professional although I didn't have any real complications so it was brief.

flag | Submitted January 11, 2017

Honestly I don't know what people are expecting when they see a specialist! I have seen Dr Alam several times for a serious desease that I have and I have seen perfect results. What else should I expect!!!

flag | Submitted January 7, 2017

Dr. Maryam Shayesteh Alam's Credentials

• University of Tehran (Grad. 1990)