Ratings for Dr. Maryam Shayesteh Alam

After waiting several months to get in to see Dr. Alam, I left almost in tears and found many words on this site that echo my own experience; words like abrupt, rude, and inconsiderate. She seemed to have a preconceived notion of how to treat my condition before she'd even looked at it, and asked zero questions to help determine her diagnosis; literally ZERO questions. For a condition that's highly individualized and is still being researched, she insisted I take one specific drug and that was my only option, even though many treatments are available. When I asked her questions about daily skin care for my condition and product ingredients to avoid, she repeatedly told me to read a single, vaguely worded photocopied sheet and gave no clarifications or information that was the slightest bit useful. When hesitating and trying to form another question, she blurted out, "are we done here?" in a very rude manner, which made me feel like she did not have the slightest care for me as a patient. Bottom line, she tried to force a single drug option on me and became short with me when I hesitated to hear that I would require it every day for the rest of my life for a condition that is primarily cosmetic. She also gave no information about the interactions this drug would have with other/ my current medications, and gave me zero information about side effects. Google was more informative than she was, and it turns out that the drug she recommended has known interactions with the medication I'm on, and worsens a minor condition that I have, and if she had asked more than zero questions, we would have realized this.

flag | Submitted August 19, 2016

I went to my appointment today not knowing what to expect as their are a lot of negative comments about her on this page. She was very friendly and took my concerns very seriously. Do not listen to the negative comments on this page. As for punctuality, as already stated on this page, she is the ONLY Dermatologist in the area, it is not her fault that she is completely booked up for months and that the wait is long once you arrive for your appointment. If you are wanting to get an appointment sooner, call every once in a while to see if their is a cancellation. That is what I did and I got in almost 2 months sooner. Thanks SimcoeDerm!

flag | Submitted August 10, 2016

I used to be a patient of the other dermatologist whose office was shut down by the college. After my first visit to Dr alam's office I really regret all years of seeing the other guy. She is so nice and caring that I was really surprised. I didn't expect this much care and punctuality from a super busy doctor like her. She is real treasure for Barrie

flag | Submitted August 3, 2016

I took my grandma to her yesterday. She had already seen 3 different doctors so far , no clue! Dr Alam asked very detailed questions and examined her thoroughly and in a few minutes found what was wrong . I was so surprised how knowledgeable she is. We started the treatments and she will see my grandma again in a few weeks. I am very happy and glad that she is looking after my grandma

flag | Submitted July 9, 2016

Just saw her today and the worst bedside manner ever in any doctor I have ever seen. She was abrupt, rude and indignant. She should be reported to OMA for being unprofessional.

flag | Submitted July 7, 2016

She is extremely nice and caring. I was shocked to see a few nasty comments about the list great doctor who has saved the life of many patients. We lost the other dermatologist and I am very concerned that with some stupid and unfair comments about this doctor we will force her to leave our town and we will end up traveling miles to south to be seen by any unknown doctor. Be fair pkease !!!!!

flag | Submitted July 6, 2016

I went to her office as I have a history of skin cancer. I hardly got into her office when she noticed that something on my arm looked like melanoma. She had a biopsy done which proved her correct. She probably saved my life with her expertise. As far as her punctuality is concerned, that is caused by the lack of expert dermatologists in our area - not her fault!

flag | Submitted June 30, 2016

Narcissistic monster threw a temper tantrum for coming in when she requested I come back for a follow up. Something deeply wrong with her no caring or bedside manner. Strokes her ego at her patients expense staff apologized to me I will never return. Office is filthy as well.

Submitted June 17, 2016

I was surprised to see how busy and crowded was her office as I entered. I thought I was in ER!! I almost returned to avoid waiting for a long time but since I was concerned about

flag | Submitted May 22, 2016

I always had an exellent experience visiting Dr. Alam she is super busy,no doubt but it definitely worth seeing her for my skin problems because she is the only one who makes me feel comfortable and and I always feel I am in a good hand. I don't trust even my family doctor for any skin issue

flag | Submitted May 20, 2016

Dr. Maryam Shayesteh Alam's Credentials

• University of Tehran (Grad. 1990)