Ratings for Dr. Maryam Shayesteh Alam

You couldn't pay me a million dollars to go back to this woman.

Submitted May 22, 2017

I arrived a bit early for my appointment, didn't wait long at all. Saw Dr Alam she was very professional and concerned. Requested a six month body check. Made me feel she cared. Scheduled surgery the following week, very please with my service. Thank you

flag | Submitted May 11, 2017

I found her very up to the point and very dependable. stayed almost and hour in the waiting area but no complaints, she resolved my long lasting issue and I am very thankful

flag | Submitted May 2, 2017

I can't say enough of kindness and knowledge of this superb doctor who saved my husband's life. I was saddened see some nasty and unfair comments about this great doctor who really cares about her patients

flag | Submitted April 27, 2017

I was in her office yesterday and also waited for one a d half hours but I believe it was worth it. I was referred to another dermatologist in collingwood and she was so rude a d uncaring that I asked my family doctor to refer me to other one which was Dr Alam. I found her very nice and eager to find the root of my problem. She asked a lot of questions and digging into my past finally found what was wrong. She started my treatment and I am very positive that this will work. I am so happy that I saw her and will keep going to see her.

flag | Submitted April 26, 2017

The rudest doctor that We have ever experienced! Did not introduce herself, did not even touch patient. Simply told of a treatment that had horendous side effects. Was told we would then see another doctor for treatment. A complete waste of more than two hours. I cannot believe that this doctor is even licencesd to practice any kind of medicine!! Extremely disappointed in this dermatologist!

flag | Submitted April 25, 2017

I just returned from Dr. Alam's office. After spending 2 hours & 20 minutes in her waiting room (sitting in the most uncomfortable chair known to man kind) I was called to see the doctor. She came into the room and immediately began talking about a secondary issue noted on my form. I quickly informed her that I was there to address another, more pertinent issue. She refused to listen to my concerns and continuously talked over me when I asked questions. I felt very rushed & unimportant! She had her secretary book me another appointment 6 months from now to discuss the issue I wanted to deal with TODAY! I have never been treated so poorly by a doctor and will not be seeing her again. I have asked my family doctor for a referral to see another dermatologist in a different city.

Submitted April 12, 2017

I waited for approximately 2 hours and when I got in the room, I was rushed. Seems like she was in a hurry. I waited 6 months for the appointment and when she looked at my cheek she declared I had a bump on my cheek! Hello!! I already knew that, that was why I was there. Plus I wanted a mole removed and when she looked at it she told me it wasn't cancerous. Well yea, I already knew that too. She sent me to the surgeon across the hall only to be told that he couldn't see me that day which I wasn't surprised about. Nothing was accomplished at this appointment that I waited for six months for and another frustrating 2 hours in the waiting room. Sorry doc but my time is just as important as your own. Maybe you need a few courses in time management.

Submitted April 11, 2017

I had a very negative experience with this doctor and her staff. I understand wait times can be up to two hours past the scheduled appointment (although that would suggest over booking), staff informed me of this when I booked my appointment and signage is posted throughout the office. I was prepared for the wait and was polite and curious to all staff members while I was there. Dr. Alam did not introduce herself as she entered the room, nor did she introduce the student physician that entered the room with her. In all my other experiencessential with student physicians the doctor has always made sure I am comfortable with the other physician being in the room, I was not asked or introduced. I felt Dr. Alam did not take the time to listen to me explain my issues or my concerns. I felt I was being brushed off and hurried through the appointment. Upon leaving the staff at reception were extremely rude regarding my next follow up appointment. I truly would not go back to see this doctor and I certainly would not recommend her.

flag | Submitted April 3, 2017

Dr. Alam was excellent and very knowledgeable and would recommend her always. Thank-you Dr. Alam.

flag | Submitted March 20, 2017

Dr. Maryam Shayesteh Alam's Credentials

• University of Tehran (Grad. 1990)