Ratings for Dr. Maryam Shayesteh Alam

the wait is horrible some people have waited 3 hours she does not spend time with you ,she is not very friendly ,she is smart but she has too many people to see ,its faster going out of town then to see her , my Doctor sent my daughter to her for two problems and she said she would only look at one issue and book for the other issue ,I'm said ya and take another day off work and wait 2 hours ,she just walked out the door ,

flag | Submitted January 12, 2018

I understand how busy the office is since there is a shortage of dermatologists in the Barrie area and I can accept the wait times but what I have a problem with is how rude the staff in this office are! I don't need to be talked down to when I am trying to book an appointment, I was not being rude so do not appreciate the staff being rude to me! I have been Dr.Alam several times and her bedside manner has not improved! I dread going here.

flag | Submitted January 3, 2018

She is definitely the most knowledgeable and caring skin doctor and her patients know this for sure. She doesn't talk that much and if any body is in her office for chit chat or to be pampered they are in a wrong office!! She is taking care of my dad with a serious skin issue for years and it is because of her that my dad is still alive. God bless dr Alam.

flag | Submitted December 25, 2017

I saw her today and what i see was just a very professional doctor who cares about her patients very much. I found her very pleasant and ready to answers all my question without hesitance. I highly recommend her if you really need a help

flag | Submitted December 13, 2017

Waited well over an hour moreso closer to 2 to get a mole checked out. Dr Alam walks in and I direct her to my mole takes one look and her response is, "Nope not the cancer, you're good to go." Very clear that they over book and try to squeeze as many patients as they can within a short amount of time and if its nothing serious youre turned over real fast. It'd be nice for her to take a least 15mins to go over the importance of what potentially could be concerning to my issue (for me a sunscreen lecture, idk maybe some slides? is that too much to ask from a professional?) It'd also be nice if they got more doctors at this practice because waiting an unreasonable amount of time isn't enjoyable for anyone. Thankfully I got a heads up from my doctor to who refered me and a friend who went as well. If you have a appointment with Dr. Alam make sure you bring a book or have lots of data on your phone because you will be needing something to help kill the time.

flag | Submitted December 8, 2017

Seeing Dr. Alan was a waste of my time. She offers no guidance or professional opinion. Unless you already know what course of action or treatment you want and simply need a Dr.'s signature she will be of no use to you. I asked about a treatment my regular GP suggested and her only response to that or any of my questions was "it's up to you." She just abruptly walked out of the room while I was still asking questions signifying our appointment was over.

flag | Submitted December 2, 2017

Dr. Alam is the MOST RUDE doctor I have ever met. The first time I saw her a couple years ago instead of introducing herself to me she said your eyes are not even...one is higher than the other and one is bulging! WHAT! I have been told by many that I am pretty and youthful for my age..I looked and looked in the mirror at home and I don't honestly see what she was talking about other than her wanting to seem superior and insulting me. Anyways, what does that have to do with a mole on my stomach I wanted to be checked for cancer?!!!! My recent visit to get more moles checked, again, she was very rude. She kept telling me to stop asking questions which were relative to the moles in question. She refused to check all my moles saying I had to book another appointment (months and months later) to get the other moles checked and that today she was only going to check the two. She spelled out a price list of how much it costs to have each mole removed. When I asked if my moles (only the 2 she would consider looking at) if they are cancer risk, she finally answered me and said no. So why then the price list announcement if I didn't need them removed? That tells me all she cares about is money in her high-end-designer-clothes; what she can charge over and above OHIP, as well as making me book another appointment (i.e. another billing fee to OHIP...more money for her). She might be knowledgeable in her field and a good doctor, but her bedside manner is HORRENDOUS! Thankfully, next appointment is withs someone else there. I hope I never have to see her again. If I need a dermatologist I will ask my doctor to send me Toronto...I would be willing to drive 1 1/2 hours rather than see her!

flag | Submitted December 1, 2017

My appointment with Dr. Alam was quick and to the point. I understand that she has had to take on an increased patient load due to the shortage of dermatologists in the Barrie area, so I give her credit for attempting to take that on! Otherwise Barrie residents would have to head to another city. She diagnosed my condition and was kind enough to give me some samples to try, so I found her very helpful.

flag | Submitted November 29, 2017

Dr. Alam is the only dermatologist with enough knowledge to treat skin diseases in my area. I don't trust anyone else. She is up to the point and while other dermatologist in Collingwood rejected seeing me, dr alam took care of me in a very professional way and I can see lots of improvement in my skin condition since I saw her. I am very happy seeing her and will keep her as my doctor although I have to travel.

flag | Submitted November 29, 2017

When I asked Dr Alam "What is the difference between psoriasis & eczema?" Her answer was "They are different!" She might be knowledgable but doesn't seem to be able to share her knowledge!

flag | Submitted November 27, 2017

Dr. Maryam Shayesteh Alam's Credentials

• University of Tehran (Grad. 1990)