You may also like

I was seen in Vancouver by a local dermatologist for years and she couldn't find what was wrong with me. I was traveling to see a family member in Barrie and when I told her about my condition, she mention how great was Dr Alam and recommend seeing her so I saw her a few weeks ago. She asked very specific questions and looked all over me and in my great surprise she found what was exactly my disease. She gave me a prescription and surprisingly I am disease free after all those horrible years. What amazing Dr she is and how licky are Barrie's people are

flag | Submitted February 6, 2016

Dr. Alam is 100% business. She is thorough and incredibly knowledgeable. She is only 1 of 2 Dermatologists in Barrie, hence, there is a long wait to get to see her for an appointment. I have never waited longer than 20 minutes past when my appointment was scheduled. No time for idle chit chat, she will listen to your concerns and address them in a kind, yet professional manner. We are extremely fortunate to have Dr. Alam working in the Barrie area.

flag | Submitted January 20, 2016

flag | Submitted January 17, 2016

I take my daughter to dr alam a few times in a year since 3 years ago for her acne. What I have seen in her office is just ultimate care, efficiency and skill. I can't remember seeing any great dr like her.

flag | Submitted January 11, 2016

I saw dr alam a few weeks ago. I was referred to her after I saw a very famous dermatologist in sunnybrook hospital in Toronto. I went to the dermatology clinic of sunnybrook multiple times to see this well known doctor but he wan not able to find out what was wrong for me. In a desperate situation, I asked my family doctor to send me to dr alam because I have already heard so many amazing things about her knowledge from my friends. To be honest, I didn't believe that she would find my problem because I have already seen the best dermatologist of toronto. But in my great surprise she find my issue in a quick check and did a biopsy that proved her diagnosis in a week. I started my treatment and I am clear now! I can't believe my eyes .I can say with a confidence that she is the best dermatologist++++++++++

flag | Submitted January 8, 2016

My experience with dr. Alam was poor. The first cream ($200) didn't work. The next step was acutane with a cost of $400+ for six months. When I said it was bad timing to do the acutane that was the end of the consultation. No other options were presented so I guess I'm on my own because I don't want to dry out from the medication.

flag | Submitted January 7, 2016

flag | Submitted January 6, 2016

I have read all the comments about her and I can't explain how disappointed I am to see some nasty and brutal comments about this wonderful doctor. Barrie is not a huge city and I have lived my entire life in here and have visited many doctors including dermatologists. Also I have many friends and families who have seen Dr Alam. Personally I have found her super nice and extremely helpful so did my friends and family. She saved the life of many persons that I know that had skin cancer

flag | Submitted January 6, 2016

flag | Submitted January 5, 2016

I had a very negative experience similar to others. Very rude and dismissive.

flag | Submitted January 4, 2016

Dr. Maryam Shayesteh Alam's Credentials

• University of Tehran (Grad. 1990)

Updates

• A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I was seen in Vancouver by a local dermatologist for years and she couldn't find what was wrong with me. I was traveling to see a family member in Barrie and w..."

February 6, 2016
  • A new 4.2-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Alam is 100% business. She is thorough and incredibly knowledgeable. She is only 1 of 2 Dermatologists in Barrie, hence, there is a long wait to get to see ..."

January 20, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "She has the best bedside manner and does whatever she could for her patients. I really and highly recommend her as the best dermatologist "

January 17, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I take my daughter to dr alam a few times in a year since 3 years ago for her acne. What I have seen in her office is just ultimate care, efficiency and skill. ..."

January 11, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I saw dr alam a few weeks ago. I was referred to her after I saw a very famous dermatologist in sunnybrook hospital in Toronto. I went to the dermatology clinic..."

January 8, 2016
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "My experience with dr. Alam was poor. The first cream ($200) didn't work. The next step was acutane with a cost of $400+ for six months. When I said it was bad ..."

January 7, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Highly recommend dermatologist. She has so sharp eyes that she finds your wrong spots in a blink of eye. I was surprised to see how fast as efficient she is , "

January 6, 2016
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "I have read all the comments about her and I can't explain how disappointed I am to see some nasty and brutal comments about this wonderful doctor. Barrie is no..."

January 6, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Very nice and knowledgeable. She is the only one who has the skills and knowledge to deal with serious skin problems. I can't trust anyone else. "

January 5, 2016
  • A new 1.5-star rating has been posted. "I had a very negative experience similar to others. Very rude and dismissive."

January 4, 2016
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "I was in her office twice and was so impressed by her manner, knowledge and efficiency. I agree with everyone who said she doesn't waste your time. If there is ..."

December 26, 2015
  • A new 2.2-star rating has been posted. "So she's the only derm in Barrie but she is most unkind and unprofessional. I got more information about what a biopsy was and why she ordered one by the recept..."

December 18, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "I was there with my mom. She had already visited two internist and one derm but nobody found what was wrong with her. To be honest after reading Dr. Alam review..."

December 18, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "The nicest doctor I have ever seen. I was shocked to see some nasty comments about this doctor who is saving the life of many many cancer patients with her know..."

December 15, 2015
  • A new 4.2-star rating has been posted. "Bit of a long wait but after being seen by her I understand why she has patients flooding into her office. I suffer from both acne and rosacea and my previous d..."

December 14, 2015

December 14, 2015
  • A new 2.5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Alam is a remarkably brusk, unpleasant woman who has no interest in listening to patient input. In fact she interrupted me each time I spoke, never allowing..."

December 13, 2015
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "After reading many of the comments I must admit that I agree with .. Dr. Alam is curt, arrogant, ignorant, unprofessional, refuses to listen to or answer questi..."

December 10, 2015
  • A new 3-star rating has been posted. "Very upsetting experience with Dr. Alam who was very dismissive. However, my treatment was superbly handled by Tara who more than made up for Dr. Alam. Tara t..."

December 1, 2015
  • A new 2.8-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Alam has terrible bedside manner. She was rude to me and yelled at me in front of my daughter. She refused access to my daughter's clinical record and provi..."

November 29, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I was referred to her after the other dermatologist was suspended and this was a life saver for me. She found 2 melanomas on me that was never recognized and te..."

November 27, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I have seen Dr Alam a few years for my psoriasis . A super busy office! She is practically the only dermatologist in the city because of other doctors are ret..."

November 27, 2015
  • A new 2.8-star rating has been posted. "I took my 16 year old daughter to see Dr. Alam for her concern about acne. We waited an hour (no biggy as I'm used to waiting in doctor's office). My daughter..."

November 24, 2015
  • A new 1.8-star rating has been posted. "Dr Alam doesn't seem to care or even try to diagnose. I have a very itchy patch of skin that she prescribed the same medication that did not work before. she ba..."

November 5, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "My appointment with Dr. Alam was brutal. I was not allowed to ask questions about my conditions or told how to manage them. Just told to come back in 6 months. ..."

October 30, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr Alam is the only active dermatologist in town now and although she is helping thousands of serious patients , I am so surprised to see some baseless comments..."

October 19, 2015
  • A new 2.5-star rating has been posted. "I saw Dr. Alam after a long wait - that didn't bother me but she was very rude seemed to be in a hurry - what bothered me is she gave me 2 suggestions and said ..."

October 9, 2015
  • A new 2.2-star rating has been posted. "She doesn't listen to what the patient says, very dismissive, impatient and rude. I refuse to see her again and will travel to Toronto for future appointments."

October 7, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr Alam was one of the best Dermatologist in Iran . She is also one the best Dermatologists here in Canada."

October 4, 2015
  • A new 3.5-star rating has been posted. "I drove over 3hours to get to Barrie to see Dr. Alam, there is only one other derm near me and the wait time to get in is closer to 2years. :( clearly there is ..."

September 22, 2015
  • A new 2.5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Alam is unprofessional, assertive and curt. I had pre-cancer spots all over my body and she gave me no advice on prevention. When I asked her she said I ..."

August 18, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "A very positive experience with Dr. Alam over the years. She is smart, knowledgeable, very up todate, and answers all my questions without any hesitation . Dr. ..."

August 15, 2015
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "I liked this doctor although I had to wait for a while in the waiting room. It is clean and friendly environment, free WiFi and very helpful staff I found Dr a..."

August 9, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. " This was my first visit to Simcoderm to see Dr. Alam for something that was concerning for a few month. I should say the office staff were very helpful and ef..."

August 7, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I was surprised to see some horrible comments about this wonderful doctor.She is saving lives of many many cancer patients and it is not fair to talk about her ..."

August 6, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I went to see Dr. Alam and thought my visit was going to be horrible because of all the bad reviews. The staff were very polite and Dr. Alam was great. I didn't..."

July 31, 2015
  • A new 1.8-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Alam is a money machine with a ger'er done attitude more suitable to a plumber than a medical doctor. "

July 28, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I saw Dr.Alam after trying many dermatologists and other doctors for a very bad ulcers all over my body, although she is very very busy, she made a thorough exa..."

July 28, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Rude staff. Waited over an hour. Dr.Alam herself was very curt dismissive and gave me no information."

July 23, 2015
  • A new 4.2-star rating has been posted. "Frustrated that I was not called into a room until more than 45 minutes after my scheduled appointment time."

July 22, 2015
  • A new 2.5-star rating has been posted. "Over one hour wait to see doctor the felt very rushed during my time with her!"

July 20, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "She was polite and thorough. A very confident and well educated doctor. I feel lucky to have her. "

July 2, 2015
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "I would not go to this ignorant Doctor again if she was the last one on earth. She refused to treat my psoriasis as long as i continued to take methotrexate but..."

June 24, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I had the same experience as one of the raters a couple of years ago. I was referred to Dr alam for long lasting eczema. She told me there was no cure and I had..."

May 22, 2015
  • A new 1.2-star rating has been posted. "I have been struggling with deep painful ulcers on my face and facial cellulitis unsuccessfully treated with 6 weeks of iv, oral, and topical antibiotics start..."

May 20, 2015
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "The worst experience with a doctor ever. She gave my 3 year old daughter a corticosteroid cream foe her exzema without explaining ANY of the side-effects. When ..."

May 15, 2015
  • A new 3-star rating has been posted. "Wait was not too long. But once I got in, she told me my keloid scar was untreatable and dismissed me. Did not offer other solutions. Not overly impressed"

May 13, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Stay away from this so called Doctor. My dad died and I called in to leave a message that I was unable to make the appointment and she discharged me and made m..."

May 11, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "She talks super fast, talks a lot and says a little. Horrible experience with Dr.Alam ! We were hurried out in less than 1 minute. My last question was as she w..."

May 7, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I had an appointment in January. Yes, it's busy office but they do their best. Thank you Dr. Alam!"

May 1, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "I took my dad to Simcoderm because many of my friends and neighbors are Dr. Alam's patients. Whatever I heard from them was great and this proved to me when I ..."

April 18, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I don't trust any doctor to check my moles except Dr. Alam,she has got the best eyes! Thousands of skin cane patients are coming to her office and their team is..."

April 17, 2015
  • A new 4.2-star rating has been posted. "My first visit was today was for a consult. Front desk staff is very friendly and efficient. There were a lot of people in the waiting room so I was a bit late ..."

March 24, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Super skilled, very caring and fast!! She never wastes your time with nonsense and unnecessary comments, right to the point. She is my dermatologist for 4 year..."

March 22, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I was referred to her from midland for a bad looking mole on my fac. I was so scared that I couldn't sleep for day. When I entered that busy office, I have to c..."

March 17, 2015
  • A new 1.2-star rating has been posted. "Didn't pay attention to a thing I was saying, said the obvious rash on my arm didn't exist, and offered zero suggestions on how I might deal with my horribly it..."

March 9, 2015
  • A new 1.2-star rating has been posted. "I've been to three doctors for atopic dermatitis, and have tried many different topical/oral steroids and other medications to try and alleviate the symptoms. M..."

March 9, 2015
  • A new 3.8-star rating has been posted. "I came from Sudbury since we have only one very busy dermatologist. I was pleased with the treatment"

February 19, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr Alam is always thorough and also pleasant to deal with"

February 11, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr.Alam find a mole on me although I was referred to her because of rash!! That mole was proven to be a melanoma!! I did a surgery by a great plastic surgeon at..."

February 3, 2015
  • A new 3-star rating has been posted. "I waited a long time...but when I went in, Dr.Alam went straight to the point. No messing around. The receptionists and nurse are really great. Office is clean..."

January 29, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Very caring doctor, incredible bed side manner and oustanding knowledge. Her office is very well organized, very busy though!understandable because it is the on..."

January 28, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I am Dr.Alam's patient for almost 6 years now because of my long lasting skin condition. I can't believe my eyes when I read such a nasty comments about this gr..."

January 28, 2015
  • A new 1.5-star rating has been posted. "She may be empathetic and helpful for skin cancer patients, but she totally blew me off for systemic psoriasis. Took one look, spoke to her intern as though I w..."

January 28, 2015
  • A new 1.8-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Alam barely looked at my skin, she completely ignored what i was telling her. She just through out the classic 'eczema - treat with cortisol' when i know w..."

January 12, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Alam was fast, friendly and so very helpful for issues that went untreated and unresolved for years before a referral to her."

December 12, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Brilliant doctor, extremely caring and the best encounter that I have ever experienced in a specialist office. Many of my friends and are Dr.Alam's patient an..."

December 10, 2014
  • A new 1.5-star rating has been posted. "I waited 3 month to get an appointment and over 1hr to see her. It appears many people are booked for the same time spots (more money for her) the staff were d..."

December 2, 2014
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Amazing! Not only did she diagnose me just by looking at it with a lens and confirmed with biopsy. She saw that I was terrified and visually upset, she assured ..."

November 28, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr.Alam is a pro when it comes to skin cancer. Everyone with a suspicious mole should see her! Her clinic is really a centre for skin cancer with very experienc..."

November 11, 2014
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "I was quite worried going in to my appointment as I had done my research and reviewed previous comments. I can honestly say that my own experience was a caring ..."

November 6, 2014
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Very professional and thorough . Yes I did wait BUT the wait was worth it"

October 9, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "She is very detailed, caring and super knowledgeable! I haven't seen any specialist like her in my entire life. The staff is unbelievably professional and sympa..."

October 2, 2014