Ratings for Dr. Paula J. Cook

Okay, to be completely honest, I don't know if Dr. Cook is a horrible doctor, or if her staff is just terrible. First off, Troy, a tech whom she trusts to relay information to her, didn't, and then she accused me of lying to her and didn't even know about a recent surgery I'd had, even though I left no fewer than fifteen messages with Troy about it. Then, she cut off my blood pressure medication, refusing to see me and accusing me, via her staff, of not paying my bill, even though I had my bank account transaction printed off AND a confirmation number for payment. She apparently has a policy of never, ever speaking directly to patients on the phone, and, since she was convinced that I hadn't paid the bill I had actually paid, she declined to see me for an appointment, so I couldn't even show her the direct, clear evidence that I had paid everything. Apparently, the official term for this is "Patient Abandonment," and it's a HUGE no-no in the medical community.

flag | Submitted January 2, 2014

Dr. Paula Cook is kind and compassionate. she listens. She obviously reviews your file before you come, I think. ..perfect balance of doctor, friend and even leaner when you present ideas , etc..

flag | Submitted August 14, 2013