Ratings for Dr. Loren Grossman

He misdiagnosed me as type 1, told me whenever my blood sugars weren't getting to the target mmol to just increase the insulin dosage. He didn't tell me to change my eating habits or anything! After he told me I was type 1, he tried to push me to take this research drug he was a part of and that it would, in his exact words "cure type 1 diabetes." I immediately declined and after that, he became quite standoffish and disinterested. I stopped making appointments with him after that. I started seeing another doctor a year later to get a second opinion and some help on my diabetes and when they got my file from LMC, it's written down that I'm type 2, not type 1. He told me I was type 1 verbally but, wrote in my file that I was type 2. I called to ask LMC if I could switch endocrinologists and they said they would but, never did. I'm completely done with LMC and Dr. Grossman. His false information proved to be a struggle for me and left me and my family doctor treating me as if I was type 1. Finding out that I'm type 2 has given me the chance to be treated correctly. No thanks to Dr. Grossman that's for sure. I should have asked for my file sooner instead of believing his words. I don't recommend this endocrinologist. If you want to be diagnosed correctly and be treated well, stay away from this doctor. Being misdiagnosed, pushed to be a part of a research drug study and finding out later on when the file comes in the correct diagnosis isn't fun. I'm extremely upset Grossman told me i'm type 1 knowing full well that I'm not, gave me bad advice on insulin and eating habits and treated me rather poorly. Please for your health, seek another doctor.

flag | Submitted June 6, 2018

Gopd Dr. I know nothing about the issue but he explained it well

flag | Submitted December 12, 2017

Either Dr Grossman knows nothing, or he has a strict policy against answering questions. He was rude and dismissive. He refused to answer any questions, telling me that the class he sent me to should have answered any questions that I had. When I said that it didn't, he just said to follow up with him in 6 months. Doctors like this are the reason that so many people end up going untreated. I came here for help, not to be berated and dismissed. If you have to see an endocrinologist, I would suggest anyone but Dr Grossman.

flag | Submitted July 14, 2017

If you care to TALK to this. physician, you might as well forget it! You cannot get a word in edgewise. Like so many doctors, he assumes you are sub-mental.

flag | Submitted March 10, 2017

Not very helpful. Felt like it was simply a billing exercise and was completely dismissive of any concerns I had about my thyroid.

flag | Submitted January 3, 2017

So glad I went to see him, nice doctor got my thyroid back on track.... he's a okay in my book's!!

flag | Submitted June 30, 2016

I see Dr Grossman for thyroid-related issues but he also specializes in diabetes.

flag | Submitted August 19, 2013

Dr. Loren Grossman's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

• U Toronto (Grad. 1982)