Ratings for Dr. Michael Ottley

I have dealt with Dr Ottley a few times now but have recently become disappointed with the service from him and his office. He used to take the time to contact his patients but seems once WorkCover is involved then you get brushed off and the care and concern goes out the window. I'm very disappointed. I have recommended friends to him but I don't think I will be anymore.

flag | Submitted October 18, 2017

After a lot of research and reading all of the previous reviews, I booked in for an appointment with Dr. Ottley. The reviews of Dr. Ottley on this site are definitely with merit; he is well informed in his specialty, and very friendly. He explained the procedure and the recovery periods it easy to understand terms. Dr. Ottley gives you long appointments, unlike other specialists. Giving you time to go through your entire medical history and to discuss the best courses of treatment. At the conclusion of the appointment, I knew I had the right surgeon for me. And I am booking in a date for surgery, as Dr. Ottley has regular Friday lists so it minimizes the time I will have to take off work in the lead up to Christmas holidays. I had also read amazing reviews about his reception staff, I would say unfortunately this was not my experience. When I arrived there was a lot of confusion and disarray in relation to my appointment and which forms to give me. The secretaries seemed disinterested in the patients, with one of them on their phone. The patient who was seated next to me was waiting to see another specialist and I were mortified, when we heard the front desk staff make disparaging remarks about an employee it seemed who was no longer was working in the department. Both I and the patient next to me discussed that it was very unprofessional and was about to say something, however, was called in by Dr. Ottley. By the end of the appointment I was running late so didn’t bring it up. Looking at the last two reviews there seems to have been some staff changes. To conclude I would highly recommend Dr. Ottley and feel I am in the best possible hands for my upcoming surgery. My only advice is that there have been staff changes so the secretarial side may not be of the expected standard.

flag | Submitted October 12, 2017

I had a knee replacement with Dr Ottley early this year, the service was outstanding, Dr Ottley’s bedside manner was delightful and and he was so kind and considerate. Dr Ottley answered all of my questions and even saw me in inpatient rehab. His hands on approach really helped me get over my nerves. His administration staff at the time Luke and practice coordinator Tara would answer all my questions for me, even though I may have called more then the average patient. Tara even helped my family book accommodation nearby and kept them informed at all times what was taking place. I was so impressed with Dr Ottley’s team, I booked in to have the other knee done before the end of year. Recently I found out that both Tara and Luke did not work there anymore and was abruptly told that someone would get back to me..... which hadn’t occurred. I began to nervous about surgery and was considering cancelling, so my daughter did some sleuthing and found Tara’s details on line and called her. I was concerned about her reaction but I didn’t need to be. Tara knew exactly who I was and confirmed with me I had the right phone number for Dr Ottley’s offices, and advised she wasn’t an employee anymore. When I brought up my concerns about my procedure and my questions, Tara spent 20 minutes on the phone going through my concerns, discussing inpatient rehab and told me not to worry that I was in great hands and that I should call back through to the rooms next week when Dr Ottley was in. This was the afternoon of Tuesday the 19th. She had to end the call as her grandmothers condition had deteriorated and but hoped she had answered all my questions and reminded me I was in great hands. (Tara hadn’t even mentioned a sick relative she did advise my daughter the next day she had passed) The fact that Tara spent that time on the phone even with her own crisis was inspiring to say the least. I have recommended Dr Ottley to numourous friends and relatives. He is the best and affordable. And while I don’t know his new staff, his ex coordinator Tara is one in a million when it comes to patient care and support. And it’s a shame she is gone, so she may not see this. But she is one of the most empathetic, caring, funny reception staff I have ever met. Whichever company snaps her up have got themselves a great employee.

flag | Submitted September 25, 2017

I came in for first appointment with Dr Ottley a few months back, he very friendly. Honest about the treatment possibilities and the clinical outcomes, we discussed booking in a hip replacement and I was going to get back in contact with his staff once I could work out dates. His Secretary Tara for this appointment was absolutely delightful, she went out of her way, not only in patient care but also customer service for the appointment. She had all the quotes and dates for the rest of this year in my email before I even got home. Tara told me to call through as often as I wanted, with questions and she said that it was never a bother. Which over the following fortnight I did, and she went out of her way to answer them before I left on holidays. Regrettably, I called through just over a week ago, and was told that Tara was no longer "with us", by a different staff member. Unfortunately, I was unable to catch her name, who didn't seem to want to listen to my questions or queries about operating dates and told me she would call me back. It's a week later and I have not heard back which is a shame, despite trying to call through twice since.

flag | Submitted September 9, 2017

Had ACL surgery with Dr Ottley. Dr Ottley is friendly very easy to talk to which made me feel confident getting the surgery. His staff are extremely helpful with the whole process before and after the surgery. Minimal discomfort after the procedure and recovery is going well 3 months on. Could not have hoped for better.

flag | Submitted August 7, 2017

Wow, so glad I chose Dr Ottley as he is everything that people have mentioned. Very kind and concerned and helpful with all your questions. Nothing is too much to explain. My knee replacement was 5 days ago and everything went well. I highly recommend Dr Ottley to anyone with lower limb problems. Tara is so helpful and happy to make you feel comfortable with your particular situation - nothing is too hard to sort out for you. They make a great team.

flag | Submitted July 18, 2017

We did not have private health insurance so we wereinitially hesitate to have our daughters ACL surgery done privately last year. However, we are happy we did, and could not recommend Dr Ottley and his staff any higher. Dr Ottley personable manner and friendly attitude helped put both myself and my daughter at ease. His secretary Tara goes out of her way to answer any questions you have not only pre-surgery but also post-surgery. Today I called through to request a copy of a previous medical certificate, and she not only organized this, she asked how my daughter was going and remembered what sport she played.

flag | Submitted April 28, 2017

Dr Ottley is awesome. I have just had a total knee replacement done by him and I am incredibly impressed with his attitude, his caring, his competence..... I really can't say enough. Nothing was too much trouble. I had issues arise thst were nothing to do with my knee and he dealt with them, organised scans, called in other doctors. !!!! I am forever grateful to him. He is a gem. He will never miss one day of visiting you whilst you are in hospital and there's always a smile on his face.

flag | Submitted March 13, 2017

Can't rate Dr Ottley high enough. Am very happy with my recent total hip replacement. Dr Ottley is very pleasant to deal with and obviously cares a lot about his patients. He checked in with me every day I was in hospital.

flag | Submitted March 12, 2017

Dr Michael Ottley is a knowledgeable polite intelligent doctor with a great bedside manner. I am very impressed eith him and would not hesitate to reccomend him. Very professional and caring.

flag | Submitted January 28, 2017