Ratings for Dr. Ally Murji

All I will say, at 30 weeks pregant, I wish I could change to another ob. Very disappointed.

flag | Submitted November 25, 2017

Very professional, knowledgeable and respectful. Explained hysterectomy procedure and answered all my questions. Never felt rushed out. Appointments were on time at my convenience. Post op recovery went well. Grateful for his expertise and good care at Mount Sinai.

flag | Submitted November 22, 2017

The doctor himself is fine. He's confident and has a direct approach which I can see maybe off putting to some. He tells me he's an endometriosis specialist and if it's fibroid related, best to see a general OBYN as it takes away OR time from cases that need his specialty. He said he would still do the surgery if I insisted but it'll be a 6 month wait time. Which I can understand, however reading some of the reviews of patients who've recently had fibroids removed and with short wait times is peculiar (to the person with the out of town review below, were you paying private?) Maybe this was his way of softly saying no. His students did most of the interview and the questionnaire was long, also peculiar is that he told my referring doc that the consult was an hour, even tho I only saw him for 5 mins. The best thing he did was to refer me to someone else. However, this was after it took a month of follow up just to confirm if an appointment was available, 3 months of waiting for it, 5 mins to tells me that I needed this surgery 6 months ago. He is not the only specialist out there, so don't feel like he's your only hope. We are fortunate to have many highly trained specialists with wait times and processes that are more patient friendly. Don't be afraid to shop around.

flag | Submitted November 11, 2017

Dr. Murji did my hysterectomy and treated me with respect and kindness even though I had an objection towards being transfused. I was unsuccessful at losing the weight that he said would make the surgery go more smoothly but he still proceeded. My recovery time was completely uneventful. Exactly what you would want from the ordeal. my endometriosis has stopped flaring up and I feel much better. Ashley, his secretary was wonderful and although she was clearly very busy she never made me feel rushed and always answered any of my questions. Thank you to both of you for your caring attention.

flag | Submitted November 9, 2017

Dr Murji is an amazing doctor. I performed a surgery on me where he took out both my tubes , removed endometriosis, fibroids, cysts and removed uterus septate. The surgery was successful and he was great in all the appointments . I am grateful i was referred to him

flag | Submitted October 30, 2017

Worst experience ever I drove 5 hours for this appointment, my gp referred me to him for a possible excision of endometriosis, I got there and waited staff was very rude, finally I get in the room and the first doctor that walks in is a student doctor, he asks me a bunch of questions and leaves when he returns Dr. Ally murji is with him he looks at me and says '' what do you want me to do for you'' I don't know I'm the patient...he does an exam tells me I have pelvic floor dysfunction, when I ask what that is he hands me a paper that says physiotherapy for pelvic floor dysfunction and tells me to google it when I get home e there should be someone in my area.... SERIOUSLY GOOGLE IT?!?!?!? what kind of doctor am I seeing... After educating the doctor in my symptoms and so forth I then ask about the excision which has not been mentioned, he basically tells me I'm to fat then makes unkind assumptions about my weight, I advice him I've lost 32 pounds already and 6 pant sizes, he then says I have a along way to go before he would entertain excision I asked him okay when I which a target weight how can it help me, he didn't want to discuss it, he refused to set up a follow up to see where I am and how much weight I've lost to get the excision he basically said I could get re-refered to him if I lose enough weight... He is lucky my boyfriend didn't jump out of his chair, I've never met such a rude doctor... If you are looking for an endometriosis doctor Do NOT go see this doctor, educate yourself he is not even one of the doctors on the endometriosis assigned doctor list... Google doctors who are specialist in this and choose one of them.....

flag | Submitted September 4, 2017

If you have any of the following conditions, endometriosis of ovaries, ovarian cyst, uterine fibrosis , Polycystic ovarian syndrome , adenomyosis, or any growth of fibriods or endometrial tissues find an honest surgeon now. and RUN FOR YOUR LIFE NOW.

flag | Submitted August 16, 2017

I would like to comment on my experience with Dr Murji he has always been very upfront and compassionate towards me I too suffer from stage four Endometrosis having it my whole life and at 48 it is out of control - yes diet can help with less inflammation but the Endometrosis continues to grow unless you use Lupron or visanne - I have now started again in lupron with add back therapy hoping to be carried over to menopause I. A few years - Dr Murji is a very busy doctor - Ashley is very kind as well - I know people hate Lupron but there is nothing out there for people that suffer from it - I too hate to take lupron and bear the side effects but I know in the long run it is stopping this horrible disease I inherited . surgery is not always possible with severe Endometrosis Dr Murji told me if I wanted a hysterectomy the risk for me was far too great as I could end puncturing and damaging my colon which would lead to other health issues so Lupron is the easiest painless way to cope . I highly recommend Dr Murji and would trust my life in his hands for surgery as he is one of the best out there and very honest .

Submitted July 25, 2017

I went to see Dr. Murji for my endometriosis. He seems while knowledgeable and intelligent but lacks a good bad side manner. He was late to the appointment, when I got to the appointment his staff thought I was pregnant which was hurtful because I suffer from infertility. His assistant handed me a urine cup and when I questioned her about it she said it was routine for pregnant women. I obviously was not pregnant and when I told her that she then said have a seat then. I met with Dr Murji who kept pushing lupron I kept telling him about the side effects and that I had done my research and he said it wasn't that bad . I saw him maybe more then three times and all visits he made me feel worse about my severe endometriosis then before I would enter his office . I got three to four perscriptiona for LUPRON despite telling him I was not interested in it . He was pushing invasive surgery when I wanted a conservative approach . When he examined me he seemed to say I had severe endometriosis, a bad disease which would require surgical intervention and possible bowel resection. I got a second opinion who made me feel better about my condition although I do have severe endometriosis my new doctor recommended a conservative approach and opted to tell me about natural things I could do to help my condition like diet change to reduce anti inflammatory foods and eating more of a plan based diet. DO your own research and don't trust assume doctors are always right if you don't like what you hear from Dr. Murji find another opinion!!

flag | Submitted July 23, 2017

The poor admin staff here need more support. I called today to see about my referral, as I had been instructed to do by my referring physician. The secretary cut me off repeatedly, it was actually pretty shocking. She said it usually takes 2 weeks for a referral, I started to mention it had been that long and she cut me off and said that I was probably wrong, the referral process is complex. Fair enough, but I have no way of knowing that, and I'm only calling because they told me to. She looked up my file and said that they probably wouldn't have my first appointment for another month, and she would notify my referring physician. I tried to tell her that my physician would be away for a couple of weeks but it was impossible to get a word in. I asked what I should do if I have questions in the meantime and she said that I wasn't their patient until the first appointment. So I guess I'm no one's patient? She then said "congratulations, bye!" and hung up. Thankfully I have the number for Mount Sinai's women's health clinic, I will call them for questions until I hear about my next appointment (I'm 9 weeks pregnant). This was the worst interaction I've had with a health care administrator. I know they are probably really overworked, but the whole call was adversarial like I had done something wrong following up about my prenatal care.

flag | Submitted July 17, 2017