Ratings for Dr. Ally Murji

Dr Murji looked after me during my pregnancy and delivered our first baby at the end of 2017. He is an excellent clinician and is both knowledgable and approachable. During appointments he always asked if I had further questions before I left and took time to answer them. I felt that he cared about what I wanted during my pregnancy and delivery and did his utmost to facilitate that. On the day I went into labour I was fortunate that he was on call, so he, along with his resident, delivered our baby. I was most comfortable knowing that I was in his care. I would strongly recommend Dr Murji to other women looking for an up-to-date and kind obstetrician.

flag | Submitted February 5, 2018

Had first baby with Dr Murji in May 2015 and expecting next one April 2018. Great doctor, with an almost telepathic assistant, Ashley. I know that they are very busy, so if I have any questions, I, like most people will research it prior to my appointment, so I can get a better understanding of the issue, and unlike a lot of the comments I read here, don't get upset when I don't hear what I want. Great bedside manner and very accommodating with appointment times and dates. Needy women, please go elsewhere, you are the real cause of my appointments being delayed.

flag | Submitted January 1, 2018

Dr. Murji was my OB and saw me through my first pregnancy. Loved his bedside manner. He always let me lead with my questions then supplemented with extra info as necessary. He even popped in to my labour room just to say hi since he was passing through the halls. Made me feel like a real person who was cared for by the staff and not just another mother in labour. I've since referred a good friend to Dr. Murji. Doctor Murji's staff is also top notch. His receptionist Ashley is 100% on top of her game...don't let the line up of people at her desk fool you. She knows the status of every single mother, baby and requisition form in that office. It takes a special kind of woman to deal with numerous parents in a busy clinic at the same time. Also, understand that Mount Sinai is a teaching hospital so there are lots of students around. I consider myself lucky to have access to this level of care and to have a hand in training the future generation of health care pros. Remember that folks, the next time you have to wait an extra 20 min. to see the doctor. s.

flag | Submitted December 19, 2017

I had a terrible experience with this doctor (and his receptionist). I wrote an honest review many years ago, and it was deleted. Dr. Murji was forgetful, dismissive, and incredibly rude. He seemed mostly interested in talking to (or showing off) for other doctors, and was condescending to the nurses and patients. His receptionist's behaviour was extremely troubling (I saw her yelling at patients, she hung up on me once for no reason). I am actually a bit concerned about her (she lied about two things during my care, unnecessarily). In any case, PLEASE, avoid this doctor if you can. I LOVE Mt. Sinai, but this doctor is the worst (and I've been cared for by 8 ob-gyns over the years).

flag | Submitted December 17, 2017

Such a hopeless doctor dont waste your time and find another specialist which i am sure there many of them

flag | Submitted December 16, 2017

All I will say, at 30 weeks pregant, I wish I could change to another ob. Very disappointed.

flag | Submitted November 25, 2017

Very professional, knowledgeable and respectful. Explained hysterectomy procedure and answered all my questions. Never felt rushed out. Appointments were on time at my convenience. Post op recovery went well. Grateful for his expertise and good care at Mount Sinai.

flag | Submitted November 22, 2017

The doctor himself is fine. He's confident and has a direct approach which I can see maybe off putting to some. He tells me he's an endometriosis specialist and if it's fibroid related, best to see a general OBYN as it takes away OR time from cases that need his specialty. He said he would still do the surgery if I insisted but it'll be a 6 month wait time. Which I can understand, however reading some of the reviews of patients who've recently had fibroids removed and with short wait times is peculiar (to the person with the out of town review below, were you paying private?) Maybe this was his way of softly saying no. His students did most of the interview and the questionnaire was long, also peculiar is that he told my referring doc that the consult was an hour, even tho I only saw him for 5 mins. The best thing he did was to refer me to someone else. However, this was after it took a month of follow up just to confirm if an appointment was available, 3 months of waiting for it, 5 mins to tells me that I needed this surgery 6 months ago. He is not the only specialist out there, so don't feel like he's your only hope. We are fortunate to have many highly trained specialists with wait times and processes that are more patient friendly. Don't be afraid to shop around.

flag | Submitted November 11, 2017

Dr. Murji did my hysterectomy and treated me with respect and kindness even though I had an objection towards being transfused. I was unsuccessful at losing the weight that he said would make the surgery go more smoothly but he still proceeded. My recovery time was completely uneventful. Exactly what you would want from the ordeal. my endometriosis has stopped flaring up and I feel much better. Ashley, his secretary was wonderful and although she was clearly very busy she never made me feel rushed and always answered any of my questions. Thank you to both of you for your caring attention.

flag | Submitted November 9, 2017

Dr Murji is an amazing doctor. I performed a surgery on me where he took out both my tubes , removed endometriosis, fibroids, cysts and removed uterus septate. The surgery was successful and he was great in all the appointments . I am grateful i was referred to him

flag | Submitted October 30, 2017