Ratings for Dr. Stephen Lewis

Exceptional experience! Very thorough and explored all the options and was very clear on all the risks. He facilitated making the decision to proceed with back surgery positive. A very encouraging and supportive surgeon. Although I am a well-educated individual, he always spoke to me in a language of the common man enabling understanding without being condescending. He exhibited genuine sympathy and empathy underpinned with a wonderful bedside manner. A genuine gentleman and a fine medical practitioner. I thoroughly recommend Professor Stephen Lewis

flag | Submitted December 23, 2019

Dr Lewis replaced two discs in my neck in September and I am so happy with the results. I have a tiny scar in the crease of my neck and I am now pain free. I have been in excruciating pain for years and was previously told by another surgeon that there was nothing that could be done. Dr Lewis was extremely informative and kind. I had no concerns or hesitation going in for surgery with Dr Lewis as my surgeon. He also has a great sense of humour! I recommend Dr Lewis to anyone who will listen and cannot thank him enough. Ruth Lewis - and, no, we are not related! :)

flag | Submitted December 19, 2019

I underwent decompressive laminectomy surgery on L2 to L5 in November. I can't thank Dr Lewis enough. He is clearly a highly competent neurosurgeon of the first order. I am also grateful that he operates at Hollywood Hospital which is my preferred Hospital for inpatient treatment. I thought that Dr Lewis' follow-up was excellent. He visited me three mornings post-op, including a Saturday, which I thought was exemplary. Apart from all else, he is a good bloke as well. Ray Flynn

flag | Submitted December 12, 2019

Professor Steven Lewis. And all other staff at holywood hospital. A huge big Thank you . I'm able to sleep Free of most pain Movement in my neck is back to what it use to be. After procedure my only pain was were He stuck breathing tube and only a minor d iscomfort And the other thing was a bandages were he went in Otherwise I din't know I had a surgery . Only 3 week later when I had X ray was I able to tell he had been there. Another huge big thank you. Cheer's Raul

flag | Submitted December 11, 2019

Absolutely great guy and clearly amazing at his job. I’m so very thankful for what you and your team have been able to do for me. Thank you! If you’re looking for a spine expert - he’s your guy.

flag | Submitted November 21, 2019

Surgery performed by Dr Lewis has given me my life back. I suffered with daily headaches, neckpain and radiating arm pain from nerve compression for over 2 years. After receiving my GP referral, bone scan and MRI i had an appointment withon 2 days. A C6 C7 Cervical Disc Replacement was booked in at Hollywood the following week. Throughout the whole process Dr Lewis' professionalism, knowledge, and humour served to quickly allay any fears i had. My postop recovery has been amazing! I no longer need pain medication, and I am back swimming like a dolphin!!. I feel completely reassured that other spinal issues i have will also be expertly dealt with if needed in the future. I recommend Dr Stephen Lewis definitely WA's best Neurosurgeon.

flag | Submitted November 13, 2019

We can’t thank Dr Stephen Lewis enough! I had an olfactory groove meningioma which needed to be removed. We are so glad I went with my gut feeling and wanted to seek a second opinion. I done some research and found Dr Stephen B Lewis. The day my GP sent the referral I got a phone call; within a couple of days I had an appointment booked. He totally put our minds at ease with his professionalism, experience, knowledge, good humour and down to earth nature! We felt so comfortable listening to him, as he thoroughly explained my situation and the best outcome for me, to remove my meningioma, which was to have a craniotomy. We found him easy to understand and very calming and reassuring. His A- Team in reception are always friendly, helpful and welcoming. His bedside manner was amazing, he came in to my room every morning to check on me and ask me how I was going! He was always upbeat and had good things to say like, “you look amazing”, “you’re doing really well”, which made you feel so much better! We will always be so grateful to Dr Lewis! I would highly recommend Dr Lewis to anyone looking for a Neurosurgeon! Anthea Byrne.

flag | Submitted November 3, 2019

I cannot thank Dr Stephen Lewis enough for is professional and wonderful and caring bedside manner. From our first meeting I had complete faith and trust in what the proceedure he was goimg to perform on me. Dr Lewis has given me back a future without worry and pain and the knowledge that he is always there should I have any future issues concening my spine. His staff have been so welcoming and helpful from the first time of contact. Dr Lewis is a true gentleman in every way and the most skilled surgeon and I highly recommend him to anyone who is in pain

flag | Submitted October 28, 2019

We can not thank him enough for all the help and wisdom that he has given us. It is nice to know that there are people that care and without his help I don;t know where we would be. He has given me back my life without out pain and discomfort and new knowledge that he will always be there to support me and answer any questions at any time. I only wish that I could have seen him the first time when first diagnosed. Words can not say how thankful me and my family are not only to Dr Lewis but also to all his fantastic staff and colleagues.

flag | Submitted October 9, 2019

I was in agony when I met Dr Lewis five weeks ago. Now I feel as free as a bird. He quickly gauged the seriousness of my condition and arranged to see me very promptly. He explained exactly what needed to be done, with care and good humour, and arranged to operate on me within days. The discectomy was completely successful, no doubt due to Dr Lewis' skill and experience. Both before and after the surgery, Dr Lewis answered any questions I had. The icing on the cake is that he's a gentleman and an extremely personable character. If you are unsure about who to entrust with your neurosurgery, DO NOT look any further than Dr Lewis. I wish him every success for the future.

flag | Submitted October 8, 2019