Dr. Dwayne Olatonade

Outstanding Staff Badge
World Class Punctuality Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Dwayne Olatonade

I'll be honest. Dr. Olatonade is a nice dentist who knows his stuff. He sells things which aren't really needed but its ok for me since I have a dental plan. Unfortunately the office has had recent high turnover (dentist and hygienist gone), poor scheduling and the dentist is unwilling to put in overtime. I was personal friends with the office manager and initially the clinic had alot of availability and I was able to see my friend often but as time went on, the clinic became very busy and there was no capacity to be flexible. Unfortunately I need more attention than most people so this clinic would be suitable for somebody who doesn't have very many dental problems and doesn't mind waiting for scheduling.

flag | Submitted August 2, 2018

Office is lovely but damnnnnn, expect a hefty treatment plan. I've since gone to another office with my Oliver Park Dental estimate and they were a lot more preservative, and explained to me why treatment on every tooth isn't necessary. I don't think I trust this doctor as it's clear he has an expensive new clinic to pay for. Too bad.

flag | Submitted June 20, 2018

Dr Olatonade and his team delivered a first class, friendly and professional dental experience. All the team members were very welcoming and really gave me the feeling that they care about my dental needs and about delivering outstanding service. Over and above the exceptional dental care I received, Oliver Park Dental is a beautiful, modern, clean and state of the art facility. It's evident to me that a lot of pride is taken in maintaining such high standards for the clinic. I would definitely rate my dental experience at this clinic as the best I've had anywhere. Thank you Dr. Olatonade and your team!

flag | Submitted May 24, 2018

I was unimpressed by my visit as I ended up having a lot of work to do, which was a surprise to me. The dental hygienist who cleaned my teeth was really great and checked my insurance to make sure I didn't go over my limits. Dr O went way over what my insurance covered after I specified I didn't want that, and I had to spend a couple months paying them back... I'm a recent graduate so money is already tight so this really threw me for a loop and I was upset he didn't let me know this was happening ahead of time. Also my fillings were rough to touch and irritated my tongue. I asked him to fix them and he tried on my next visit for more fillings, but the new fillings are even more rough! I have never had fillings that I can feel so much?! It's been almost a year and I can still feel them but thankfully I am used to it and it no longer irritates my tongue. I am not planning on going back even though they call/email/text literally all the time trying to get me to book another appointment.

flag | Submitted April 24, 2018

It's always a pleasurable experience from the front desk on.

flag | Submitted April 6, 2018

I'm unsure of how I feel about my visits at Oliver Park Dental but there seems to be a high turnover rate in staff for some reason. Of all of the employees, I'm surprised the older lady at the front is still there as I personally think she is quite ignorant, everyone else is very friendly. I was also told by Dr. O that I needed 4 crowns and like 10 fillings on my first visit??? I've never had this much work to do.... he's a nice guy and all but it seems a bit fishy if you ask me...

flag | Submitted March 21, 2018

Had a surprisingly great time at Oliver Park Dental. Dr. O was very friendly, helpful and knowledgeable. The office is brand new, state of the art, and it has an amazing and relaxing atmosphere that you wouldn't expect at a dentists office. I'm actually looking forward to my next visit to the dentist!

flag | Submitted March 17, 2017

I was nervous to go to the dentist before but Dr. Dwayne Olatonade and his staff made me feel very comfortable. I would highly recommend him to any of my friends and family.

flag | Submitted April 10, 2016

Doesn't care about the patient. Does not check to see if there frozen before drilling. Not good with kids. Gives treatment were it doesn't need to be done. Doesn't give the option of silver or white fillings just gives white cuz he knows it costs more he is just out to make money.

flag | Submitted December 20, 2015

Have seen him twice now and both times I have left the office feeling very positive about my experience. Very friendly and certainly knows his stuff!

flag | Submitted May 14, 2015

Dr. Dwayne Olatonade's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

I have wanted to be a dentist since the age of 6 years old! As a child, I always enjoyed my experiences at the dentist. Once I was older and learned more about the profession my passion for dentistry grew. Being from Edmonton, I was proud to have graduated from the University of Alberta in 2007. Our primary goal at Oliver Park Dental is to ensure that patients have a positive and relaxing experience. We aim to educate our patients on their oral health and the improvements in modern dental care. We are aware that the dental office may not be everyone’s favourite place to visit (at least not yet) and we aim for our patients to leave with a smile!

• English
  • French
  • Spanish

• University of Alberta (Grad. 2007)