Ratings for Dr. Bowd Romana

Before my first session I knew that any half decent councillor should 'tell it like it is' and honestly I dreaded the thought of a therapist drowning me in cotton-candy, feel-good, you-poor-thing, tripe. Doctor Bowd was a breathe of fresh air. Of course, I didn't want to hear the truth but to move on and grow you need to face reality. I truly appreciated Doctor Bowd's professional, friendly and caring approach. She has helped me through some very trying times.

flag | Submitted July 7, 2017

I had some sessions with this counsellor. Unfortunately, she is not equipped or skilled in dealing with domestic & family violence matters. I felt patronized at times & treated like a child, which was most disappointing. I detected a fairly high degree of victim blaming & privileged-middle-class bias coming through the counselling. I can't say I recommend this counsellor at all. Consulting with this counsellor did me more harm than good.

flag | Submitted May 9, 2017

At the end of my first session Dr Bowd had pin pointed exactly what I had been dealing with! What a relief that was. I'm looking forward to having more skills and knowledge managing future situations, with much thanks and appreciation to Dr Bowd.

flag | Submitted March 31, 2016

Not a doctor- just an arts student masqueradung as one. Not abn MD at all

flag | Submitted July 25, 2015

complete waste of time. has no knowledge and charges like a wounded bull. will never see her again

flag | Submitted July 19, 2015

It took me quite some time to work up enough courage to visit a therapist. Dr. Bowd was recommended to me and I'm extremely glad I followed that lead. Dr. Bowd has a wonderful way of reaching out and unravelling my many problems and is very respectful of my personal boundaries. She has truly won my trust- something I won't give easily. All worthwhile journeys take time and cost money. I'm so fortunate Dr.Bowd is helping me with mine!

flag | Submitted December 11, 2013

Expensive. Unhelpful, unempathetic, seems aloof. I invested a lot of time and money into therapy and got nowhere because she didn't understand my circumstances and couldn't relate to me.

flag | Submitted August 10, 2013