Ratings for Dr. Karen Chau

The cause of my ongoing emotional stress was a violent partner, however this doctor spent 18 months trying to convince me that he was just a tortured soul who really did love me but used an unconventional 'modus operandi' to express it. Utter rubbish and quite damaging viewpoint. All of my emotional problems were resolved when quit therapy here, sought domestic violence support, and left the perpetrator. I feel strongly that this doctor had an obligation to identify domestic violence and the harm it was causing. What a let down.

flag | Submitted April 29, 2017

Was my Dr for nearly 7 yrs. Absolutely outstanding, was so sad that she isn't managing me anymore.

flag | Submitted July 27, 2015

Dr Chau is very caring and didn't just want to throw tablets down my throat. I have never felt as hopeful and positive about myself as I do now. I used to be angry and feel helpless about my life. She is very encouraging and is definitely recommended for anyone who wants to change. A lot of other psychiatrists only wanted to write me a script. Dr Chau took time to talk to me.

flag | Submitted October 13, 2014

I felt very comfortable with Dr Chau. She has been nothing but encouraging and caring. I have recommended her to my son and friends.Prior to seeing her I was on older style antidepressant but was having side effects. She switched me over to a new one and it's been great.I have been having cognitive behaviour therapy with her too. Even my relationships are better now with my family. This is the most confident I've been feeling in years. Thanks Dr Chau.

flag | Submitted November 17, 2013

I am so pleased that I finally found a psychiatrist who listened and made me feel at ease. She was the only psychiatrist I found who did CBT and could manage medications. She was very encouraging.

flag | Submitted November 6, 2013

Dr Chau supports ECT & use of MAOIs, which seem to be outmoded forms of treatment. Tends to induce and promote the 'helpless' mind set & discouraged pursuing goals. Generally found it more harmful than helpful.

flag | Submitted August 10, 2013