Ratings for Dr. David O'Rourke

An excellent obgyn. Always happy to answer questions. Went above and beyond to provide care for my family. I under went ivf and other procedures with Dr O’Rourke over a down of 7 years.

flag | Submitted October 9, 2017

flag | Submitted September 12, 2017

Always late for appointments by hours Last apointment exited three times and returned no explanation.

Submitted July 3, 2017

This person is an INfertility specialist. He suggested an IVF protocol known for causing increased rate of chromosomal abnormalities in babies, he only mentioned that it is a shorter stimulation time. He did not mention though that it is an increased chormones load, that might lead to miscarriages or a less normal baby. For proceedure "endo-scratch" he spent time on asking the question "When did your period start?" 3 times without a pause for an answer with a very aggerated intonation demonstrating that he obviously never met a female mentally capable of tracking her periods. He did not spent time though on advising that this proceedure may cause infections, elevated NK cells activity and increased vaginal s e x drive. You can have this proceedure done in those rooms, though they use receptionists as chaperons and change them. He shares the rooms and the pink-in-blue/blue-in-pink theme with another male doctor. I feel the overall flare "I'm doing IVF and my career here dal and you are just a female.."is massive in those rooms. The ladies with 3d degree tears and obstetrics patients in general seem to have a better impression though. I as an IVF (fertile) patient feel that I would not recomend to risk unless you can demonstrate a male partner, cancer, bad hormonal profile, correct post code or all together, coz I feel your eggs might get seroiuosly overcooked...

Submitted January 29, 2016

An excellent obstetrician and gynaecologist. I have no hesitation in recommending him to others.

flag | Submitted February 21, 2015

Dr O'Rouke delivered my three children. I found him very knowledgable caring and competent. He is very popular. He is a father for four children himself which makes his approach very different as he relates to my husband and involves him in the visits labour and delivery process I do not hesitate to recommend him

flag | Submitted February 13, 2015

Such a kind and generous man. Very professional and genuinely caring with no nonese. He is well known and highly respected by his colleagues and midwives .

flag | Submitted February 12, 2015

Dr O'Rourke is very caring every step of the way through my daughter's surgery.

flag | Submitted November 8, 2014

Dr O'Rourke is a polite and down to earth Obstetrician. Hubby and I felt at ease quite quickly with him. I don't know how experienced he is with complicated pregnancies. I felt he was a bit too laid back when complications arose, and would have rathered that he was cautious and proactive addressing these complications. Am glad I saw other obstetricians who shared care with David at the time, as one in particular (Dr Hehir) was cautious and offered a different opinion regarding my care, which I adopted and wouldn't have known otherwise, given this was my first pregnancy. Dr O'Rourke is a good obstetrician, however I would prefer to see another obstetrician next time.

flag | Submitted February 16, 2014

He was very careing and took a lot of interest in my problems.

flag | Submitted August 13, 2013