Ratings for Dr. David M. Schaffzin

Dr shaffzin used non-desolvable stitches during my rectal prolapse repair operstion. Several stitches were removed in his office 7 days after the operation and the remaining stitches were removed two weeks later in the hospital. He ststed that his supplier sent him the wrong type stitches. However, I was the one that suffered from this mistake due to him using the wrong stitches and now I suffer from ulcerative Colitis. Could the use of non-desolvable stitches triggered my UL Colitis?

flag | Submitted October 28, 2010

After my surgery I was expecting to talk with him about how it went and discuss post op info, but he was not around. I have never had a dr not be there after the surgery to tell me how it went and discus what to expect and what to do to take care of area. I felt very rushed during office visit so i couldnt get all of my questions out.

flag | Submitted October 8, 2009

I didn't care for his bedside manner the first time I met him (telling me I had cancer was not what I wanted to hear so I don't really think it would have mattered who delivered the news) but he actually has a great personality and if the situation is right, can be a little humerous. I have referred others to him and they too have done well with the surgery performed and have referred the Doctor to others.

flag | Submitted September 7, 2009

His nursing staff can be extremely rude on the phone. He's a good guy however I lost confidence when he continued to blame my symptoms on everything but his own area. Too many unnecessary tests & procedures.

flag | Submitted September 7, 2009

this doctor should try another profession he didnt spend more than 5 minutes was rude abrupt and treated me as if i was taking up his time after i waited 45 minutes past my appt time he then told me to come back in 3 wks after 2 1/2 minutes of rude abrubt ignorant attitude id rather die than have him as my doctor BEWARE

flag | Submitted August 27, 2009

I don't know what that other person was talking about...he was helpful, cordial, and resourceful. My issue could not be fixed with surgery, but he made sure he checked every avenue before referring me out.

flag | Submitted June 27, 2009

Dr. David M. Schaffzin's Credentials

• Jefferson Medical College Of Thomas Jefferson University (Grad. 1997)

Guardian