Ratings for Dr. John Nkansah

It took My GP over 8 months to get a response from Dr. Nkansah's office to grant me an appointment. The appointment was 2 months away, yet he waits until the day before my appointment with him to have his secretary call me and say "I'm sorry but Dr. Nkansah doesn't feel that he can help you"...WHAT? I have never received such unprofessional treatment from a doctor. What WAS that? I was so stunned to get a call like that, that I just said "....oh, OK". It took me 24 hours to process that. So the next day I called ask what that was about, they won't pick up my calls now (probably call display) and I have been calling several times a day for three days now. And I initially left a message asking what this "we can't help you"thing is all about, so they know why I'm calling. By the way, all I wanted to see him about was garden variety bi-polar and being stuck in the depression side for too long. Nothing complicated to a psych Dr. I really want to know what he saw in my file that made him go WHOA! I CAN'T HANDLE THIS. But I am being avoided by the whole office now. I feel like storm trooping his office in person to find these things out face to face. I was handled in a VERY unprofessional manner. And you'd think a psych doctor would understand what havoc rejection can wreak on a psych patient. He's a total jerkoff, and I see others are not happy with him either.

flag | Submitted April 28, 2017

His office is disgustingly filthy, his secretary is extremely rude. and he does not understand simple psychological concepts. He says a lot of absolutely ridiculous things that only made me feel worse. Seeing him was a complete waste of time. He doesn't even answer questions, he just stares blankly.

flag | Submitted March 27, 2017

It has taken Dr N more than a year to transfer me to a dr who can treat my bipolar properly and work on he underlaying issues that I need to work through. My mess have needed adjusting and both I and my GP have asked, with dr Nkansah just waiting and saying he wanted another month... today was the final straw when in our session he received and took a 20minute personal telephone call. For someone with trust issues this is devastating for progress. I have written a carefully worded letter to the college of physicians with a formal complaint.

flag | Submitted December 14, 2016

Yes a TRUE DOCTOR a TRUE MEDICAL PROFESSIONALS and a TRUE HUMAN BEING with compassion, empathy, sympathy, understanding, knowledge, character and a solid moral compass who cares. He actually cares more about the patient than the OHIP charge. I've been a patient for many a years, I'm humbled to have him as my specialist. He exemplifies what doctors used to be.

flag | Submitted February 18, 2016