Ratings for Dr. Brian Broadwell

A bit of a mixed review here. Although I feel Dr. Broadwell is knowledgeable, there is a strange dynamic in the office. The majority of the orthodontic consultation was done with the office manager, who is not an orthodontist. Dr.Broadwell consulted minimally. When I came back for my 2nd appointment after the moulds and scans, Dr.Broadwell was not present at all to talk face to face. There were 3 instances where the office manager had to go and talk to Dr.Broadwell because of course she's not an orthodontist so she wouldn't be 100% sure on how to answer my questions. I'm not sure why he couldn't take 3 minutes to answer questions. I did start treatment at the office seeing as they are the only orthodontists in town. Although I can't really complain about the treatment, it's been a different experience. There have been 3 instances where I have over head the assistants talking to Dr.Broadwell and they seem to be on different pages. Just unclear on what he wants them to do. It seems like it's a inconvenience for him to take more then a few minutes to see what is going on with my ortho treatment. For monthly fees of over $200/month I believe his patients would be better served with a bit more of his time. It would seem easier to me if he would just stay put until the assistants are clear on what they need to do. The assistants are all very pleasant. The office manager gives the impression that she's the queen bee, it just makes things a bit awkward at that office, but I observe people quite a bit. It just seems like there is a bit of a communication breakdown. There have been a couple of times (initial consultation and treatment) where I gave information but it did not make it to Dr.Broadwell and it definitely should have. All that said, he does seem to know what he's doing, I've had good improvements with my teeth and I guess at the end that is what I'm going to that office for.

flag | Submitted November 29, 2016

Although Dr Broadwell is new to Salmon Arm, he has been great! I brought my child in for an exam and he was very prompt and he sat, explained all the issues my daughter has (dentally of course) and answered all my questions. They took x-rays, molds etc and then we went back for a consultation. I appreciated how informed he was and taking the time to explain everything. I was super impressed with his chair side manner. He actually interacts with the children in the treatment room, asking them questions and overall being verbally in-contact. Impressed A+++

flag | Submitted November 11, 2013