Ratings for Dr. Brian Broadwell

Dr Broadwell is the best! My son enjoys each visit with him. He always takes the time to answer questions. His staff are always helpful and knowledgeable! It's great having a great orthodontist in Salmon Arm!

flag | Submitted March 30, 2017

Best orthodontist. We enjoy each visit with Dr Broadwell - smart man and great technology. There was so much to learn about our children's needs, not just about getting their teeth straightened. Very pleased to have our children in his orthodontic care. Friendly staff who are always able to get both my children in for their appointments.

flag | Submitted March 30, 2017

Dr. Broadwell is a kind and exceptional orthodontist. His staff is always friendly and knowledgeable. I am thrilled with the results of my orthodontic treatment and highly recommend this office. So convenient to have a specialist right here in Salmon Arm.

flag | Submitted January 21, 2017

Dr. Brian Broadwell's response
Thank you for the review. Please let us know if there are any areas where we can improve! -Brian

Submitted March 30, 2017

A bit of a mixed review here. Although I feel Dr. Broadwell is knowledgeable, there is a strange dynamic in the office. The majority of the orthodontic consultation was done with the office manager, who is not an orthodontist. Dr.Broadwell consulted minimally. When I came back for my 2nd appointment after the moulds and scans, Dr.Broadwell was not present at all to talk face to face. There were 3 instances where the office manager had to go and talk to Dr.Broadwell because of course she's not an orthodontist so she wouldn't be 100% sure on how to answer my questions. I'm not sure why he couldn't take 3 minutes to answer questions. I did start treatment at the office seeing as they are the only orthodontists in town. Although I can't really complain about the treatment, it's been a different experience. There have been 3 instances where I have over head the assistants talking to Dr.Broadwell and they seem to be on different pages. Just unclear on what he wants them to do. It seems like it's a inconvenience for him to take more then a few minutes to see what is going on with my ortho treatment. For monthly fees of over $200/month I believe his patients would be better served with a bit more of his time. It would seem easier to me if he would just stay put until the assistants are clear on what they need to do. The assistants are all very pleasant. The office manager gives the impression that she's the queen bee, it just makes things a bit awkward at that office, but I observe people quite a bit. It just seems like there is a bit of a communication breakdown. There have been a couple of times (initial consultation and treatment) where I gave information but it did not make it to Dr.Broadwell and it definitely should have. All that said, he does seem to know what he's doing, I've had good improvements with my teeth and I guess at the end that is what I'm going to that office for.

flag | Submitted November 29, 2016

Dr. Brian Broadwell's response
I am both embarrassed and grateful for your critiques here. Since making Salmon Arm our home, I have spent the last four years rebuilding the team and culture at Shuswap Orthodontics. Improving intra-office communication is a persistent work in progress. I assure you that I perform all the treatment design and direct the execution of that treatment in the office, though a lot of my work is behind the scenes. Our top two priorities are as follows: (1) deliver world class orthodontics, and (2) provide an elite customer experience for all our patients. While we will never be perfect, we will always strive to improve. Thank you for your honest review - if one person speaks out, many others likely share the same sentiment. I will strive to be more transparent with my time devoted to each patient's care and will ensure that I am available at the second consultation to address any questions or concerns. Sincerely, Brian Broadwell

Submitted March 30, 2017

Although Dr Broadwell is new to Salmon Arm, he has been great! I brought my child in for an exam and he was very prompt and he sat, explained all the issues my daughter has (dentally of course) and answered all my questions. They took x-rays, molds etc and then we went back for a consultation. I appreciated how informed he was and taking the time to explain everything. I was super impressed with his chair side manner. He actually interacts with the children in the treatment room, asking them questions and overall being verbally in-contact. Impressed A+++

flag | Submitted November 11, 2013

Dr. Brian Broadwell's response
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. When you get to practice in Salmon Arm, the greatest benefit is the people you get to help. What a great community, so happy to call Salmon Arm home!

Dr. Brian Broadwell's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Having practiced dentistry for 16 years, Dr. Broadwell is dual-certified in both orthodontics and prosthodontics. He maintains a practice limited to orthodontics, orofacial pain, and sleep apnea treatment.

• English

• Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center (Grad. 2001)
  • University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio (Grad. 2013)

• Fellow, Royal College of Dentists of Canada