Ratings for Dr. Nicholas Houseman

I saw Mr Houseman 6 months ago for a skin cancer removal, I found him and his staff very professional, taking time to explain the whole process to me. They provided a caring and supportive environment for what was a stressful health issue.

flag | Submitted September 27, 2017

I have had 3 procedures with Dr Houseman over the past 2 years, today was my third, 12/5/17. My wife also had a breast reduction with Dr Houseman and between us Dr Houseman is excellent at what he does and his team are very professional. I have found their costs to be very reasonable for the results achieved and have recommend others who found to be happy with their results. In my opinion I highly recommend Dr Houseman as my experience was pleasing.

flag | Submitted May 12, 2017

I attended for removal of a small skin cancer, a minor procedure I had undergone several years before, for a reasonable cost with only a local anaesthetic at this same practice. I was informed by the receptionist, after a brief consultation that it could only be done with additional unrequested minor plastic surgery and a cost of several thousands? Because I was worried about the progress of the lesion I have had to pay thousands for procedures that were not requested and in any case did not require an additional specialist or operating theatre.

flag | Submitted April 9, 2017

I was astounded at the lack of customer service and unprofessionalism of both Mr Houseman and his rooms. Were not interested at all in the patients well being.

flag | Submitted September 26, 2016

I had to have a piece of glass removed from my hand after having a major car accident and the staff and Mr Houseman were so calming and understanding i would highly recommend him to anybody. Thank you

flag | Submitted March 2, 2016

My local GP referred me to Dr Nicholas Houseman to have a minor procedure - removal of a small lump under my skin (a dermatofibroma). The GP advised that I'll need a consultation first and then the procedure. Last week, I arrived at Dr Houseman's clinic on time and waited 40 minutes for him. Once he arrived, he looked at my arm, confirmed that it was a dermatofibroma and sent me to his receptionist Hannah to answer any questions that I had regarding costs. The consultation literally took less than a minute and I got charged $165. I was quite disappointed as I thought the consultation would be approximately 30 minutes. When I asked his "friendly" receptionist Hannah how much the actual minor procedure would be, she said that I'll be $500 - $700 out of pocket. When I asked how much it would cost in total (so that I can budget for the procedure), she said she couldn't tell me. I felt completely ripped off and won’t be going back for something so minor that may end up costing me thousands.

flag | Submitted May 20, 2014