Ratings for Dr. K Kay-Pfau

Well some of these comments sound like the same negative vibes I received recently from a trip to the Capital Women's Health Centre in which I would have not even have met this lovely Dr, as she was quite content in letting the resident oversee my entire visit. It was like I was choosing from a a la carte menu as to what I would like to have completed for my annual dreaded pap test. Would you like a breast examination with that as well? Unbelievable - I would not even allow her to examine my pets.

flag | Submitted August 4, 2017

I agree very cold demeanour and not a great bedside manner . I will not be going back.

flag | Submitted January 14, 2016

Dr Kay was condescending and rude to me as well! I initially saw her for an iud, I will say that she was fantastic initially! But over months I never stopped bleeding. I booked appointments every couple months cause I knew this wasn't right. With each appointment she got more and more belligerent and rude. Finally after 6 months she sent me for an ultrasound. When I went for the results she never went over everything from the rad report. I saw my gp the next day who informed me I likely had cancer (this was NOT what Dr Kay had said) I booked in for another appointment with her to ask questions and clarify what the rad report was saying. At that appointment she lied and told me she had mentioned everything at my previous appointment and that she didn't see a need for this one. Towards the end I thanked her for finally listening and sending me for a test because every other Dr I had seen told me it was just my body and I should try losing weight. She then lectured me on listening to my drs and at least trying instead of going home and sitting on the couch with a pail of ice cream. We then got into an argument about the fact that I have tried I constantly try and can't seem to lose the weight. The end of our conversation was her calling me fat and lazy with a lack of willpower or determination. I walked out and have never been back.

flag | Submitted July 14, 2015

Very rude and kept brushing me off saying my problem was due to stress. 1.5 years later with a new doctor and my issues are being resolved. She has terrible people skills and no compassion for her patients and their families. Seeing her was the worst experience of my entire life and to be honest, she should be stripped of her license. She is lazy and puts no effort into helping. I will never return nor will I recommend her to others. She is the worst person I have ever met.

flag | Submitted May 28, 2015

Excellent patient care. Best advice and really cares. She listens!

flag | Submitted May 15, 2015

Extremely rude to me. She didn't even deal with my problem.

flag | Submitted April 13, 2015

Dr.Kay seems like a great GP. Friendly, punctual and great with my small daughter although very unavailable. I have been a patient of hers for over a year and have visited the Parkland Medical Clinic over 10 times. The 10 times I have had appointments I have only seen her 3 times. She is always cancelling/rescheduling appointments and never available. I'am sure her colleagues love always taking her patients... I am now 17 weeks pregnant and have only been in to see her once due to her cancelling on me :( Very unprofessional :( Too bad..though I found someone good. Would not take her on as my new GP.

flag | Submitted July 22, 2014

The staff at Parkland are fabulous, however Dr Kay-Pfau is HORRIBLE! She was very rude and condescending. She does not have a good understanding of many topics, due to her Young age I suppose.... when I mentioned that I was vegetarian, she accused me of just eating candies, cakes, donuts etc.... I refuse to see her again.

flag | Submitted December 3, 2013

I came to parkland medical 3 months ago ,and is so glad to have dr. Kay,as she has helped me so much and such a kind person. I would recommend this doctor .

flag | Submitted November 21, 2013

I just started to see Dr. Kay-Pfau a few months ago. She is my 3rd family doctor in 2 years. I have had an ongoing medical issue for almost 2 years. Finally I found someone who has helped me and has referred me to the appropriate doctors that can help me. The staff have also been very helpful

flag | Submitted November 13, 2013