Ratings for Dr. Manisha Sharma

Dr Sharma is a kind and knowledgeable doctor. She listens and addresses all my concerns and I never feel rushed with her. I have no problem getting an appointment and her receptionist, Amy, is very nice to deal with.

flag | Submitted December 11, 2017

Previously had bad experience with her but needed to go see her again for a particular concern. Told me she will no longer see me as I've reached out to a different doctor for a concern in which I needed addressed immediately in relation to mental illness. She was then clearly upset I went to someone else when she's always on vacation, in urgent care or takes forever to book an appointment with, and the receptionists may book you during urgent care time, resulting in it consuming most of your day. Said she will now no longer see me until I've had my mental illness issue dealt with via the other doctor. Her exact words were: "I will take you back once you are done dealing with that with the other doctor". Is that really the attitude I want from a doctor? Not taking mental health issues serious clearly. Have gone to her to receive attitude from her receptionists after they've made errors and incorrect assumptions, which has led me to now need to get re-tests and waste more time. Also unable to ever get to them when I call. Instead get pulled into a game of phone tag trying to contact them if I miss one call. Is it that hard to pick up your phone when you've got two receptionist sitting there?!

flag | Submitted October 11, 2017

No compassion when it comes to mental health. Impatient. Appears to only care if you are diabetic. Few if any follow-ups. Forever in Urgent Care. Staff superficial and attitudal. Very loud on the telephone when talking to patients. Waiting area very closed in. Examining Rooms extremely small.Seems happier when pawning patients off to other doctors. If at all possible, find someone else as doctors are rare. You don't want to get "stuck" with her.

flag | Submitted August 9, 2017

Terrible doctor. Avoid if you can. Has staff give diagnosis and inadequate treatment information over the phone without consultation, which demonstrates a lack of care and oversight.

flag | Submitted February 20, 2017

This doctor was my parents physician. She ignored serious symptoms (weight loss, exhaustion, blackouts) and prescribed medications that had serious side effects when taken together. Taking appointments in urgent care is often inconvenient for the patient (wait times can be long). I do not recommend this doctor.

flag | Submitted December 17, 2016

She is a good doctor.She has helped me with my illness and has been very supportive. I highly recommend her.

flag | Submitted November 28, 2016

Her inability to investigate health issues and her lack of knowledge when it comes to prescription medication is not acceptable. She is putting patients at risk! Who is monitoring the doctors in our Province? If i had a choice i would leave this doctor and find a new one but there are no options at the moment.

flag | Submitted November 4, 2016

Staff are not discrete when making phone calls. Doctor also discontinued a prescription I was on and prescribed another with known worse side effects without discussing it with me first. The receptionist handed me the prescription and I folded it up and put it away before reading it. Read it when I got home. I am now stuck with a wrong prescription, a doctor on vacation and a long wait at another doctor to get the right prescription. Not happy at all.

flag | Submitted October 19, 2016

If you can actually manage to get in for an appointment, I would be shocked. They book appointments when this doctor is in urgent care, meaning your appointment time means nothing and you end up sitting and waiting forever to see her. It is impossible to get through. It as if they don't realize or care that people have jobs they need to get to.

flag | Submitted September 22, 2016

I am so lucky to have found Dr. Sharma! She is wonderful with my children and so knowledgeable and informed!

flag | Submitted July 21, 2016