Ratings for Dr. Sylvia Solinski

Dr Solinski is an inspirational woman and a fine doctor. I would go as far as saying that she has provided me the best medical health care I have ever received from indeed any clinician. She upholds all the professional values of medicine, and her immeasurable knowledge only matched by her infinite empathy. She is rare in her ability to remain always contemporary.. and her ability to treat the whole person with complete respect at all times. She has made even the darkest of times light.

Submitted February 6, 2018

One of the few truly great and deservingly revered practicing Pychiarists in Melbourne. Having previously seen many pychiatrists never before have I encountered a more authentically compassionate and empathathic Doctor; a more acutely knowledgeable or skilled doctor; someone who brings humanity to the sometimes difficult therapeutic process; and someone who recognises and appreciates the sometimes fragile state a patient may present as... I didn’t think it possible to ever develop such a Trustung and Respectful therapeutic relationship. But we have, and I continue to make deep profound lasting change to my life.

Submitted February 2, 2018

I never knew I could be so happy, healthy and thriving without Dr Solinski, but it is only possible for me without her! I’m delighted to now be in charge of my own life, making my own choices and finding real traction after her being in a funk/rut. Patients, always trust you gut. If it doesn’t feel right, it’s not. So vote with your feet. There’s lots out there to discover and to support you without needing to depend on Dr Solinski. Go for it! Thrive!

Submitted January 27, 2018

She has reached a point where she is comfortable with her work and has ceased to grow. I’m very intuitive and noticed this for at least 6 months: that she was disengaged and treading water with me instead of joining me in the work. I guess this is a risk for every professional and a lesson for all: don’t let your reputation and pride cause you to become unfeeling and callous.

Submitted January 27, 2018

An admirable Psychiatist, an inspirational woman, and a truly exceptional Health Care Professional.

Submitted January 25, 2018

A rare gem of a psychiatrist; of course she is renown for her breadth of knowledge and skill, but to utilise such w uncharted empathy and compassion of such an authentic nature has been so surprising, refreshing and disarming in the loveliest of ways. Sylvia also seems to have a gift of being able very quickly to build a trusted rapport, enabling me to engage in indepth trauma work, always knowing I had her safely and steadfast by my side. Sylvia brings humanity to this sometimes difficult therapeutic process. The fact that I’ve been able to gradually cut back the frequency of my sessions, is testament to both the (coping) skills she has imparted to me, the belief in myself and how in every aspect of my life I am now flourishing.

Submitted January 24, 2018

She seems to revel in the conflicts in my life in a voyeristic-like way, offering me options to cause more hurt/knife-like words. I don’t choose to behave like that.

Submitted January 24, 2018

She pushed me to participate in research so much. She’d say I’d always have choice but then she’d state in a more forceful tone: ‘We support research.’ Which kind of meant I couldn’t say no. She treated me like a specimen of interest that didn’t fit her templates. I think others might be nice but she’s not.

Submitted January 23, 2018

A complete disappointment. Lots of hype, not knowledgeable nor professional. Definitely not at the top of her field. Is not respectful, untrustworthy and is well out of date to the point of being dangerous. Not warm nor personable. A shock to find such hype linked to this shrink. Her reputation is her primary priority. Patients: find practitioners who specialise in trauma elsewhere.

Submitted January 22, 2018

In complete agreeance with all the positive reviews. Of course she is renown for her knowledge, skill and utmost professionalism; but it was the authentic nature of her empathy and understanding that I was truly disarmed by.. Without such genuine compassion I would not have been in a trusting space to attempt my trauma work, or to so eagerly want ongoing long term therapy with her as I have had. Her kindness and generosity w her time I have so so appreciated; including unscheduled phone calls and going well above the call of duty. I didn’t think it possible to achieve such a level of trust with a clinician or psychiatrist.

Submitted January 18, 2018