Ratings for Dr. Norman Lewis

Different psychiatrists/doctors I'd visited the public mental health system prescribed me medications for anxiety/insomnia that made me drowsy and sedated all day every day. They also lacked the empathy to connect with me as a patient. Visits to them were always very anxiety provoking to the point that I didn't want to return to see them. When I saw Dr Lewis he showed much better bedside manner. I gradually felt more at ease. I felt like I was treated as a person, with respect rather than interrogated. He quickly changed my medication which improved my day to day functioning and ability to study and sorted out much needed disability paperwork. It was unfortunate that is took so long to see Dr Lewis as he had been repeatedly sick. It was also unfortunate that he announced he was retiring when I saw him. He bulk billed which is fantastic for a private psychiatrist. He was also kind and helpful. I wish him well and recommend him as a psychiatrist if he decides to practice again.

flag | Submitted August 6, 2013