Ratings for Dr. Irma Gavaldon

Dr. G and Her staff at Cancun Dental Specialists are great.

flag | Submitted June 18, 2017

Dr. Irma Gavaldon is the best We have been going to her and will continue going to her for the last 5 years.

flag | Submitted June 18, 2017

Hollywood Smile all I have to say, best Dentist ever Thank you for your detailed work

flag | Submitted May 8, 2017

Wonderful! I go to Cancun Dental Specialists, Yea it's a busy place because they do great work. Ive taken my wife and kids to that clinic. Highly recommend Dr. G to anyone seeking great care/low cost. Thank you Again!!!!!!

flag | Submitted March 7, 2017

I've been going with Dr Irma for the last 5 years. We have a timeshare at the Royal Sands, It's been 2 years since she finish my crown work I would recommended her to anyone. Great Dentist, Great Practice Thank you Steve, Orlando FL

flag | Submitted June 19, 2016

Horrible. Cancun Dental Specialists formerly Ocean Dental Cancun is a money mill. Dr. Irma Gavaldon has sold her soul to the almighty dollar.

flag | Submitted June 4, 2015

This was hands down the best dental appointment I have ever had! I had gone to see my dentist for my regular teeth cleaning about 2 months before I came to see Dr. Irma Gavaldon for a check-up. My parents have been long time patients of Dr. Gavaldon and come to see her every year when they come to Cancun on vacation. Since my parents cannot stop raving about her, I had to see what all the fuss was about. Although my parents receive twice-yearly check-ups with their own dentists back in the States, they make a point to see Dr. Irma. Why? Because they love the personalized attention that Dr. Gavaldon gives them. My mother and I both commiserate over the fact that although we have entirely different dentists back home, neither of our dentist spend anytime with us (perhaps 1 minute, maybe 2 tops!), give us feedback on our teeth or gum health and nor do they give us advice on improving our oral hygiene. This is not the case at all with Dr. Irma! Dr. Irma spent nearly 45 minutes with me. She explained to me to her background, her education, her interest in dentistry and what brought her to Cancun. I really enjoyed getting to know Dr. Irma on a personal-level. After the initial small talk, she thoroughly checked my gums and teeth for pockets and shared with me her findings. She pointed out areas in my mouth that I need to keep an eye on and to make sure I see my dentist back home if I see changes. She showed me how to brush properly as she feels that my excessive and hard brushing is leading to problems with the enamel on my teeth and gum erosion. We talked about which electronic toothbrushes she liked and which she disliked. Then she showed me how to properly floss as to not damage my gums. I was over-joyed by my visit. It was more than a dental visit, it was an education! And for a fraction of the cost of seeing my dentist back home. My dentist back home did not spend even 1 minute with me after the dental hygienist finished cleaning my teeth and now I was having nearly an hour with Dr. Irma. My advice, go see Dr. Irma, if for nothing else, a check-up and an education on how to maintain good oral health. You will not regret it!!! She will educate you on how to maintain your oral health so that you will not need to be back in her chair for something more invasive! Thank you, Dr. Irma!

flag | Submitted May 7, 2015

Having full set of crowns done on Tuesday.I am feeling confident I will be over Joyce at this doctor's talent

flag | Submitted August 31, 2014

I have had 3 implants, have temporary crowns all across my top teeth and braces on my lower. I am thrilled with Dr. Gavaldons work, team and bedside manner. She keeps me informed every step of the way on what is being done and how it is going to affect me. I will update you again when the work is done. I am so excited about what my teeth will look like and I have every confidence that Dr. Gavaldons work will meet, or exceed, all my expectations. I had to have my braces adjusted and did so on my last trip to Puerto Vallarta, obviously by a different doctor. I was quite nervous to see an orthodontist because I was afraid she would insult the workmanship I had done in order to secure more business for her. Not the case at all! She said that mine were the best temporary crowns she had ever seen and that clearly my dentist was a gifted and talented one! Could there be a better endorsement? I think not! I know that she is as good as or better than any Canadian dentist I have ever been to!

flag | Submitted August 26, 2013

My dental problem was caused by an athletic accident in which my 4 upper teeth were traumatized. The upper center tooth was knocked out; the teeth surrounding it were loosened. The Periodontist I consulted quoted me a ball-park price of anywhere between $18,000 and $20,000. This was unaffordable. Ocean Dental charged $5,000.(My net savings were $8-$10K.) Two trips were required. During our first, x-rays and impressions were taken. An oral surgeon performed the procedure. He used US FDA approved vendors for the posts, membranes, and bone. The extractions, membranes and posts, temporary abutments and bone were installed in about 1 hr. He wrote me a prescription for an antibiotic. During our 2nd trip, small incisions were made to reveal the abutments and the permanent abutments were installed. After 2 days of recovery, the permanent crowns were installed and the bridge was attached and adjusted. The time required for these procedures was 2+ hr. No compl & my speech was not impaired.

flag | Submitted August 6, 2013