Ratings for Dr. Michael Chia

Fantastic people, fantastic staff as helpful as ever! Thank you

flag | Submitted May 22, 2017

Everything you've heard about this guy is true. I was travelling back home and needed to see someone for my skleep problems - so someone suggested Michael Chia. Taking that advice was the worst mistake I've made in a while. Dr Chia had a really bad bedside manner and really won't give you more than 5 minutes. He made me feel small and insignificant. And then he refuses to see you in a timely manner for the results. My experience was the same as the others - terribly bad experience. I'll be seeking help elsewhere.

flag | Submitted March 30, 2017

Had a very bad experience with this doctor. He ordered a very expensive exercise test for me, and then failed to make an appointment to review the results. When I phoned the rooms I was given an appointment 7 months after the test. During the course of the test itself it became apparent that he had not taken a proper note of my symptoms during the initial consultation. Very bad experience overall.

flag | Submitted June 24, 2015

Was very disappointed. First he showed up an hour late and made no excuses, as if my mother was supposed to be privileged to see him. Then he proceeded to be very gruff, obviously trying to make up for the time he lost and all the other patients waiting behind him. On top of all of this, my mother then had to wait two months after her sleep study to find out the result - the results of which I am dubious. We've since consulted two other sleep specialists whom me trust more.

flag | Submitted October 17, 2013

Late (I have to resist asking him if he slept in). Has a very good service for home sleep studies that are bulk billed. Reports are punctual and very detailed. His staff obviously seem to like him.

flag | Submitted August 24, 2013

I have never met another doctor who spends such little time. He was the second Dr my parents went to for their sleep problem. More interested in their health fund and how much he could wring from them, rather than just explain their condition. Very disappointed. I'll have to look elsewhere.

flag | Submitted August 5, 2013