Ratings for Dr. Shobana Sood

Dr. Sood did a truly spectacular job on two Mohs surgeries and one excision done on my face. I had a 4" incision on my left side burn/cheek which, 6 weeks later, is hardly visible. She is professional and very knowledgeable, and will take the time to explain procedures, etc. Her staff is also top notch.

flag | Submitted January 26, 2011

Don't use Dr. Sood for cosmetic procedures. Although she is an MD, she doesn't seem to have enough experience with IPL, and doesn't have "a good feel" for people's skin. She uses extremely low settings to be on safe side; I had no results at all, not even subtle ones. She doesn't feel uncomfortable keeping the money, though; Dr. Sood told me that IPL light is not working on my skin. She also charges for the consultation, and applies just half of the fee toward the procedure (many doctors have free consultations or apply the full amount toward the procedures if they charge for the consultation). Ironically, after unsuccessful procedures with Dr. Sood, I went to an esthetician with many years of experience in IPL and had terrific results.

flag | Submitted November 3, 2009

Dr. Shobana Sood's Credentials

• Umdnj-Robt W Johnson Med Sch, New Brunswick Nj 08901 (Grad. 1993)