Ratings for Dr. Eli Whitney

Dr. Whitney lacks the basic empathy skills to be a reasonable doctor. He was my oral pathologist for about a year. He spoke to me in a condescending and thoughtless way. He referred me to a children's orthodontist for my jaw issues. When I arrived to the orthodontist, the doctor questioned by Whitney would send me to a children's specialist when there are plenty of orthodontists that work with adults. Seriously, these doctors need to get it together! I was in chronic pain due to severe degenerative arthritis and saw multiple specialists. Whitney told me that even though I have significant structural damage to my jaw and severe bone marrow edema, my chronic pain was due to a psychological disorder. REALLY? Is that your script for handling women in chronic pain with MRI, bone scan, and other tests to back up the reports of chronic pain? After his care, I was on 9 different medications that didn't relieve my pain and made me a zombie. You sir don't deserve to call yourself a doctor? P.S. I found a great set of doctors after getting rid of Whitney from my team and I've been pain-free for over a year without meds.

flag | Submitted June 10, 2016