Ratings for Dr. Emily Hibbert

I don't understand some of the ratings here. I have been seeing Professor Hibbert for about six years now. She is always friendly, helpful, kind and patient. She never rushes you and is very thorough in her examination. She discusses treatment, plans with you, is very up to date (as you'd expect) and is happy to take into account her patient's point of view. I've seen some awful endocrinologists but Professor Hibbert is far and above the best.

flag | Submitted March 2, 2017

1. Lacks humility (as many doctors do lol).Appears to be one of those types that perceives herself and her colleagues as being on some different level than the patients. 2. Quite old -school in the sense of having a presumption that patients will just agree with her diagnosis and go along with her treatment plan instead of working as a team with patients and valuing their input if they disagree with the diagnosis or wish to take a different treatment path. 3. If Emily Hibbert made efforts to practise self reflection and gained some humility,then she might be alright

flag | Submitted February 2, 2017

I saw Dr Hibbert today with my wife again after 6 years, she was brilliant, had all our history at her fingertips. she was extremely professional and thorough, at the same time being caring and compassionate and took the time to explain things and made sure we understood and were comfortable with what was being proposed. We have had a fair amount of contact with medical staff with our young daughter having cancer, and would say Dr Hibbert is at the top . Highly recommend her to anyone in need of a brilliant endocrinologist

flag | Submitted June 14, 2016

I found her cold,rushed and she doesn't treat patients as an equal.She can even seem paternalistic.She needs to brush up on personalty,be more pleasant.You have to find someone who you're comfortable with.

flag | Submitted March 24, 2016

love dr hibbert. she is very kind,. she was patient with all our questions

flag | Submitted January 12, 2016

Poor communicator.Have to put 50 words but that pretty much sums it up.

flag | Submitted August 7, 2015

An outstanding clinician thorough and compassionate An expert in osteoporosis

flag | Submitted August 3, 2015

This woman is full of self importance and isn't compassionate. Waste of time.

flag | Submitted September 8, 2014

My experience with Dr Emily Hibbert is that she is reasonably punctual and decent knowledgewise. However she is not approachable or a nice doctor personalitywise. If you are looking for an Endocrinologist that will work with the patient as a team and is down to earth and not arrogant,keep searching.

flag | Submitted September 3, 2014

I have been seeing Dr Emily Hibbert for approximately 10years. I would recommend her above any other endocrinologist I have seen in the past. I am also a health professional and have worked along side many clinicians both sbove and below her level. She is very polite and approachable. She gives me all the time I need and follows up if required. On 2 occasions she has called me after recent visit or tests to ask me to come back and review results as an urgency! Every other specialist or GP i have seen i the past have either sent me a letter or asked their admin support to do this! She is honest and if she cant fix a problem will tell you with both a rationale and option. if one has had a negative experience, I suggest that they take a deep look at themselves and decipher why they had this experience. From my professional experience it is because they either do not listen or they have unrealistic expectations!!!

flag | Submitted January 7, 2014