Ratings for Dr. Claire McMullen

I've never written a review here before, but Dr. McMullen honestly deserves one. When I came to herI had been ill for a very long time and was in a vulnerable place being more scared of being labelled a hypochondriac than the actual disease. Dr. McMullen instantly recognized that something serious was going on and was very supportive during the long road until a specialist confirmed a diagnosis. She never rushed me and took me in between other appointment without notice when it was urgent. I could go on for a long time about how much I appreciated her help during a time when it was really needed, but in short, my life would have been very different if I hadn't found a doctor willing to listen to me and for that I am eternally grateful to her!

flag | Submitted April 10, 2015

My experience of Claire is completely different to those described here. She was my doctor for 8 years until leaving King's. She is thoughtful and listens patiently, happily discusses your own ideas about what might be wrong, and makes helpful suggestions. She never tried to rush me nor was she patronising. I am really sad that she has left the practice!

flag | Submitted March 12, 2015

Patronising, unhelpful, cuts you off in the middle of describing your problems, ridicules you if you cannot find the exact medical term for the symptoms you are experiencing. You have to basically Google your symptoms in advance, diagnose yourself and hope she will agree and give you the correct medication/reference. Don't expect her to do any thinking or use her medical knowledge to help you.

flag | Submitted December 12, 2014

Unhelpful, dismissive and patronising. Snapped at me for being uncomfortable.

flag | Submitted September 23, 2014

After a suicide attempt I was pleading for help & she just dismissed me, then I started experiencing terrible joint pain, she treated me like a hypochondriac- I was later diagnosed with arthritis. She is terrible. Patronising too!

flag | Submitted August 19, 2014