Ratings for Dr. Michael P. Gowen

Know why Dr. Gowen runs behind???Because he takes his time with his patients, answers questions in language you understand and doesn't use 50$ words that leave you questioning. He never gives you the "bums rush" I've been to many physician, they come in, sit down at the computer screen and seldom if ever past the time of day. They may ask a question or two but stay on the computer and they out the door to the next waiting person. I've waited for Dr. Gowen almost every time I've had an appointment over the 20+ years he has taken care of me and my family and will continue to do so because I know he cares about me and my family. SusanGS

flag | Submitted June 6, 2014

Very nice experience! Staff is great and professional. Have had experience with 2 of the doctors and both were very knowledgeable and friendly. They took the time to explain everything to me (I ask a lot of questions. My glasses look amazing and I have never seen better.

flag | Submitted March 22, 2010

Dr Gowen misdiagnois several of my friends. They were smart enough to elsewhere for 2nd opinions. Plus he charges you $30 just to write a prescription when you need eye drops ($30 on top of an office visit charge) He will charge an extra $100 for the contact exam on top of the price for a regular eye exam. I would not recommend anyone to go to him. His staff is very nice but Dr. Gowen is the worst eye doctor I have ever been to. He ordered me contacts that I could not see out of and then he got mad at me when I told him they were not right. He had a new associate working with him and he read my contact prescription and said no wonder I couldn't see! I will not go to Dr. Gowen again and pay his outlandish prices for such poor service.

flag | Submitted March 13, 2008

This doctor is great. He is good with kids. He is a jokester with the kids and they loved it. He is very kind and knowledgeable and able to explain everything to me very well. He usually is running behind but it's worth the wait. I would recommend him again and again.

flag | Submitted September 19, 2006

Dr. Michael P. Gowen's Credentials

• Pennsylvania College Of Optometry (Grad. 1987)

Top Hospitals in Harrisonburg, VA