Ratings for Dr. Randall W. Williams

I travel 90 miles one way to keep Randall Williams as my doctor. Caring, professional, and compassionate. I wish all my doctors were as thorough and knowledgeable as Randall!

flag | Submitted September 23, 2014

I have been seen by Dr. Williams several times in the past. In fact, he identified were I had uterine fibroid when no other gyno could. I proceeded to get a procedure done through his referral for my fibroids and no longer have them. I lost insurance for some time but finally got it back and wanted to make an appt to visit him since he holds all of my records. I searched my insurance carrier's website to see if he was an "in-network" doctor for me and he was. I was so happy! I made an appt for the first available day. Once I arrived to check in I was rudely informed that Dr. Williams did not accept my insurance with Aetna. The fact that he did not accept the insurance was disappointing. The bigger issue was how rude the front desk staff was in informing me of such. I left there feeling embarrassed and humiliated. I left the office and called my insurance company immediately to ask what was going on since again I searched to ensure he was a "in-network" doctor for my plan. The insurance rep I spoke to validated again that he definitely was based on their records and she was willing to speak to his staff to confirm her findings. I then called the office to connect them on the phone (since I was too embarrassed to go back in). A lady claiming to be the office manager that had been there for 20 years got on the phone and made a statement that "they DID NOT accept Aetna and never have so whatever the insurance rep was looking at was incorrect." I asked to speak to Dr. Williams and her response was "he doesn't know what insurance he takes". I asked to speak to a manger and her response was "your speaking to her". I felt as though I walked through the door office Dr. Williams office looking for handouts. Wow! I have never been so humiliated! He is a great doctor but the staff that serves that front desk have got to get it together. It is a way to speak to people. I pay an insurance premium just like most of us. I never knew an insurance plan could be the reason you get embarrassed. Even though I wanted to schedule a routine exam with Dr. Williams I don't want it bad enough to allow this hateful staff to treat me as if I want something free from them...so needless to say I will find a replacement.

flag | Submitted August 20, 2014

I made the mistake of trying out another Dr. I found on-line for menopause symptoms and now I know what a great Dr. Dr. Williams is. I will not change again.

flag | Submitted May 19, 2011

Dr. Williams is a very knowledgable, caring physician. He takes the time to listen to your questions and concerns. I was very lucky to find him. He is the TRUE definition of what a Dr. should be. God has blessed him with a rare talent.

flag | Submitted February 5, 2008

Excellent Dr. I've been w/ him 15 years and would not think of changing.

flag | Submitted September 30, 2007

Dr. Randall W. Williams's Credentials

• University Of North Carolina At Chapel Hill School Of Medicine (Grad. 1984)