Ratings for Dr. David S. Thoman

Lots of plaques and awards on the office walls. Touted as a great surgeon. But with zero personality. No follow up. Had to find another doctor to continue care.

flag | Submitted March 6, 2015

I had heard he was the best technical surgeon in town and I wasn't disappointed. He was very friendly, i thought, and not short with me at all. Would highly recommend to anyone.

flag | Submitted January 13, 2015

Honestly after reading the reviews on his lack of bedside manner I almost cancelled my consultation the day before. It is important to me to be able to have a surgeon I trust and can feel comfortable with in communication. I am glad I kept the appointment. He performed the Nissen Fundoplication surgery on me yesterday and I am already home and healing. He took his time and explained everything, even my list of probably silly questions. He is obviously a skilled surgeon but I didn't get the feeling that he was full of himself like other reviews. Physicians need to realize our time is as valuable as theirs, I probably have as much education as he does, he probably (X that he does) makes a LOT more money than I do but so what. I didn't get the feeling he was stuck up at all. I would recommend anyone in my family to go to him for excellent service!

flag | Submitted August 2, 2013

Left me with no scars. Incredible surgeon. Everyone says he's the best and I agree.

flag | Submitted March 7, 2013

This guy is the best surgeon in town. Would you rather have an old shaky surgeon who will hold your hand or a guy who is technically phenomenal and doesn't have time to chat? I was paying cash and did my research with other docs first.

flag | Submitted March 6, 2013

Most unpersonable doctor I've ever met, and I've known hundreds by working in healthcare for many years. The problem goes beyond the lame "poor bedside manner" excuse given for unfriendly and arrogant doctors; I believe he really doesn't give a hoot about the patient as a person. He doesn't explain anything, and he's a poor listener. I agree the guy is a world-class surgeon, but refuse to recommend him because of his personality deficits and poor attention to a patient's degree of comfort or ability to care for themselves.

flag | Submitted February 20, 2013

He he is not interested in following up on complications due to the surgery he performed. Once he is done operating on you and you need help, his office communicates he wants you to go to the Emergency Room.

flag | Submitted February 11, 2011

flag | Submitted June 26, 2008

Dr. David S. Thoman's Credentials

• Jefferson Medical College Of Thomas Jefferson University (Grad. 1994)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Santa Barbara, CA