Dr. Jonathan W. Bekenstein

Ratings for Dr. Jonathan W. Bekenstein

I have been with Dr. Bekenstein since 2009 when he diagnosed me with epilepsy after seeing a video that my husband took. 2 nd appointment, after waiting an hour, I walked out. Since 2009 when I first saw him until July 2018 there has been a big difference in how he does things and not for the better. Patient portal communications, nurses trying to help by sending him yet another message, his communication style have totally turned me off. It's going to be hard on me to find another neurologist as a patient that NEEDS medication to prevent seizures but sadly Dr. Bek is going to be fired. I also have severe peripheral neuropathy, diagnosed by Dr. Ham, which he told me to treat with hemp oil off the local Wal-Mart shelf. Doesn't work.

flag | Submitted July 2, 2018

I saw Dr. Bekenstein originally on Sept. 26, 1027. Based on a lot of questions and tests using minor instruments to test sensitivity, Dr. Beckenstein diagnosed me with having small fiber neuropathy. He stated that 2 biopsies must be done in order to confirm. I told him I was in aq lot of pain, unable to conduct life normally or sleep. He prescribed pain patches and suggested T start taking duloxetine at night. He did not follow up with my primary care dr. and did not give me a script for the medication. I called his office days after and a nurse told me I would have to call my primary and get a script. Dr. Beckenstein's office called and said I had an appt to have the biopsies done by Dr. Wong on 9/29/17, The biopsy results were to take 2 weeks. I have been calling EVERY DAY since 10/14, to get the results but mainly to talk to the Dr because my pain is awful. Two times that I called , I was told the results were not in but one time, I asked to speak to his nurse and was told the results came in and they were somewhat consistent with his diagnosis. I am desperate to get in touch with any DR. at this point. Another nurse told me to have my GP Dr. call in which he did today. He said all he got was the run around. So today I contacted Patient Relations. I spoke with a man named Adam who suggested I call and ask to switch to Dr. Wong. I called, told the receptionist what I wanted and she transferred me to Dr. Wong's office where I finally hung up after 35 rings!!! I will not see Dr. Beckenstein now under any circumstances. Especially after reading the review on him from 9/3/09.

flag | Submitted October 23, 2017

saw him for 20 minutes. he never ordered the tests he said i needed. left messages for months, no nurse, nobody ever would return my calls. come to find out, he had made a diagnosis (a wrong one) and never even told me. awful all around.

flag | Submitted September 3, 2009

Dr. Jonathan W. Bekenstein's Credentials

• University Of Virginia School Of Medicine (Grad. 1991)

Medicaid / Medi-Cal